HELP! temperature and humidity?

vince h

Hatching
8 Years
Sep 19, 2011
I am new to the whole egg hatching process. I have been on this forum for hours now and have found a lot of great advise and info. The problem im running into is the info is very broad. so here is my question - what is the temperature and humidity supposed to be in the incubator? any advise?

thanks everyone!

I'm gonna slap you on back of your hand now for not researching this beforehand.
duc.gif

From days 1-18, humidity level should be anywhere from 40-50% and temperature should remain around 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit through the entire hatch.
On day 19 until hatch is complete, humidity should be between 60-75% and temperature 99.5.

Temperature is safe at + or - 1 degree
Humidity is not as important during the first half of incubation and some folks use the dry incubation method with good success. There are many threads here about that.

Last edited:
Quote:
If it's a Forced Air bator(has a fan).....Temp between 99.5 and 100 is best.....humidity for day 1 thru day 18...I shoot for about 45 %...for Lockdown I like it upped to around 65 %

If Still Air bator (no fan) Temp should be 101.5 and the same humidity as above.

Well that's how I incubated anyway....everyone has there own preferences.

Suz

thanks for the smack on the back of the hand and the information. it will definately help.

Quote:
If it's a Forced Air bator(has a fan).....Temp between 99.5 and 100 is best.....humidity for day 1 thru day 18...I shoot for about 45 %...for Lockdown I like it upped to around 65 %

If Still Air bator (no fan) Temp should be 101.5 and the same humidity as above.

Well that's how I incubated anyway....everyone has there own preferences.

Suz

I'm with you, I start out with the temp being around the mid 40's, then don't worry if it slips down into the 30's, I just add water when I notice it's gone down. That is with an air bator. Then I up it to around 65 for lockdown, keep it close to that. I have pretty good hatches with the lower temps during the incubating time.
smile.png

I have four eggs in lockdown starting today. So, going to have some cute little ones again soon. It's been a while. I've hatched out some button quail, that was fun! Scary, but fun. They are sooo tiny. They grow fast! They are two weeks now, and have tripled in size. They start laying around 6 weeks! Tiny little diet eggs.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom