Help! There is a skunk in my coop now!

Pics

webbysmeme

Crowing
Feb 10, 2018
Outside of Pontiac Illinois
I went out to close the door on my coop, there was a skunk drinking out of the water dish! My girls are up on their roost. I brought the old blind girl in. She's in the basement in my hospital coop for now. How can I get him out of the coop ? It smells awful in there. I feel so sorry for my girls. I left the door open, thinking maybe he will just leave? I threw a 4'x4' at him, that's when he sprayed.
There have been reports of coyotes in the area. I hate to leave it open, but, that's how he got in. My hens were out free ranging and I leave the door open until it's their bedtime. How can I get him out? Will he hurt my girls?

I installed a corner shelf for my old blind girl to roost on. He's under that! I can't get to him to pull him out, or hit him. The coop is too small to shoot him. It wound probly damage my girls hearing. What to do?

I went out to close the door on my coop, there was a skunk drinking out of the water dish! My girls are up on their roost. I brought the old blind girl in. She's in the basement in my hospital coop for now. How can I get him out of the coop ? It smells awful in there. I feel so sorry for my girls. I left the door open, thinking maybe he will just leave? I threw a 4'x4' at him, that's when he sprayed.
There have been reports of coyotes in the area. I hate to leave it open, but, that's how he got in. My hens were out free ranging and I leave the door open until it's their bedtime. How can I get him out? Will he hurt my girls?
once he's gone... for the smell:
Mix together:
  • 1 quart of 3-percent hydrogen peroxide (available at any pharmacy)
  • 1/4 cup baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon liquid dishwashing soap
Also... though not in a coop... we’ve kept a skunk from returning under our porch by placing a very fragrant bar of soap underneath... apparently their sensitive noses find perfumed soaps repulsive?

Back
Top Bottom