Help!!!!!!!!!!! This Is Not A Joke!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chickenrandomness

12 Years
Sep 13, 2009
Stanley, North Dakota
help! theres this mourning dove nest, and today the mourning doves were'nt on it very much, so i toke it and craked it open and its still alive! it was almost ready to hatch anyway!!!!! i have it by a lightbulb for heat right now! WHAT DO I DO!!!????

Give it back doves have to raise their own or its alot of troublle to keep them alive

If not, get a heating lamp or a lamp with a regular bulb (not florescent, they are not warm) and a thermometer. Make sure it is placed in a box with a light above to keep it about 95 degrees while they are young. If they are like chickens, they get cold easily. A heating pad set on low would help too

agree... put it back gently.

the thing about not touching bird babies or the parents won't take it back is a wives tale to keep kids from messing with bird's nests.

The best chance it has is with it's parents. Let nature work things out, and try to not break anymore eggs that have been incubating!
wink.png

I would look for a wild bird rescue place in your area. But then, I never have good results when I try to save wild things.

Quote:
Yah, I head from a bird rescue that the whole thing about human scent on babies, is only for Blue Jays, they will not take the baby back. I agree with putting it back in the nest, and leaving it alone. Mommy and Daddy bird will give this baby the best chance.

Quote:
Yah, I head from a bird rescue that the whole thing about human scent on babies, is only for Blue Jays, they will not take the baby back. I agree with putting it back in the nest, and leaving it alone. Mommy and Daddy bird will give this baby the best chance.

i can't THEN IT'LL DIE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom