Help!!!!!!!!!!! This Is Not A Joke!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chickenrandomness, May 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. help! theres this mourning dove nest, and today the mourning doves were'nt on it very much, so i toke it and craked it open and its still alive! it was almost ready to hatch anyway!!!!! i have it by a lightbulb for heat right now! WHAT DO I DO!!!????

2. La Mike

La Mike (Always Slightly Off)

Nov 20, 2009
    louisiana
    Give it back doves have to raise their own or its alot of troublle to keep them alive

3. MoniqueA

MoniqueA Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2010
    Northern CA
    If not, get a heating lamp or a lamp with a regular bulb (not florescent, they are not warm) and a thermometer. Make sure it is placed in a box with a light above to keep it about 95 degrees while they are young. If they are like chickens, they get cold easily. A heating pad set on low would help too

4. Quote:i don't have a thermomder!!!!

5. tnchickenut

tnchickenut It's all about the Dels!

Jan 24, 2010
    Englewood, TN
    agree... put it back gently.

the thing about not touching bird babies or the parents won't take it back is a wives tale to keep kids from messing with bird's nests.

The best chance it has is with it's parents. Let nature work things out, and try to not break anymore eggs that have been incubating! [​IMG]

6. KKatknap

KKatknap Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2009
    Albany, OR
    I would look for a wild bird rescue place in your area. But then, I never have good results when I try to save wild things.

7. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Quote:Yah, I head from a bird rescue that the whole thing about human scent on babies, is only for Blue Jays, they will not take the baby back. I agree with putting it back in the nest, and leaving it alone. Mommy and Daddy bird will give this baby the best chance.

8. Quote:Yah, I head from a bird rescue that the whole thing about human scent on babies, is only for Blue Jays, they will not take the baby back. I agree with putting it back in the nest, and leaving it alone. Mommy and Daddy bird will give this baby the best chance.

i can't THEN IT'LL DIE!

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Where are the parent birds? Did they abandon the nest?

10. Quote:i think so..... i think it died...... [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by