Help to hatch? Do I? Update: Final count!

mmaddie's mom

Songster
9 Years
Jun 2, 2010
Elmwood, Illinois, USA
Mommy has hatched 9 beautiful babies over 2 days time, the last about 26 hours ago. Today she left the nest with the 9 and left one pipping and 3 other eggs. I was gone and just got home. The baby pipping is alive but cold. I placed it in a shoe box with a damp paper towel over it. I have no heat light but have placed a warm micro-wave heat pack around the box trying to bring up the warmth. What next? Do I help it out? Half way? it is peeping! just tired and cold I think? If I can get it hatched I'm sure I could add it to the nest tonight without her realizing it. Open for suggestions...

Last edited:
It's out of the shell and trying to lift up it's head... temp is up to 100 in the box. Hoping to be able to put it with mommy tonight when she takes the others in to bed... put the other quiet eggs in the box with it but don't know if there is any hope for them... maybe they will go back under mom tonight also?

woot.gif
Congrats on the babies, what breed are they?

Are these the same babies that are your lost roo's? Or Grandbabies maybe? This is exciting. I still can't believe you got that many fertile eggs for the roo being gone so long.

Back
Top Bottom