help to identify scat inside my run

Thanks everyone for the help. I got my gamecams working again and it is indeed (a) raccoon(s). I installed doors to the coop building to keep the chickens safe, and installed the cameras in the run. I still have to figure out where they get in. I thought it was through a tunnel but camera evidence doesn't support that theory. I have now aimed the camera at a different possible entrypoint and we will know tomorrow. Videos are timestamped throughout the night, so I think it is more than one raccoon. The one seemed smaller than the other.

The chickens were safe in the coop this morning so I know for sure it doesn't enter the building, just the "secure" run attached to it. Both of them did check out the doors but made no attempt to open them.

I would get batteries for the cameras and memory cards and put them up so you will know for sure what it is. There is a persimmon tree and apparently this coyote ate some.
This is coyote poop.
CoyotePoop.jpg

It is not a coyote. The cams are up and running and identified raccoons. There is no way a coyote could get into the closed run, it is situated in a larger area with electric fencing b/c we had bear problems. The run itself has no holes that big that a coyote could get in.

Back
Top Bottom