Help to identify what's wrong with this chick please

Can someone help please to identify what's wrong with this baby chick?
Seems to be doing fine except does not walk well, loses balance and sits a lot on the bum. Eats ands drinks but is so from birth, now on day 3 not any better but also not worse. Sits a lot under heat and less active than others. Received electrolytes and mashed egg on day 1 and 2.
Video in attachment
Sitting on its bum..then trys to walk on bum. I call this the paddle walk. I've had many do this through my years of hatching. They eventually get strong enough to stand and walk. From the video I am not seeing splayed leg. They're standing pretty much the same, even on the slippery surface. I'm guessing, which is what we can only do from here, is that the baby will be fine in a few days. :).

I tried to find some help on the Facebook page you recommended but can't find it. Can you please specify what exactly I need to be looking for?
If your chick has splayed leg, one will slip out a lot further from the other. . or, a leg will be tucked up into the body. If you bind the legs and they're not splayed, and the chick is already showing stress, this will only stress it further. I really think you should let it just do it's own thing. Good luck.

If your chick has splayed leg, one will slip out a lot further from the other. . or, a leg will be tucked up into the body. If you bind the legs and they're not splayed, and the chick is already showing stress, this will only stress it further. I really think you should let it just do it's own thing. Good luck.
The chick stands more on one leg than the other and it started as being a bit lethargic and poorly walking with wings spread out to keep the balance. It kept falling more on the bum and sitting and it has been so since day 1. Sometimes it sits more sometimes it stands more. It's been now 4 days and not getting any better, only that the chick is lagging behind in growth compared to others. I'm concerned that it will fail to thrive if left alone.

Back
Top Bottom