Help! Too many bunnies!

GD91

Songster
6 Years
Aug 1, 2013
UK
Long story short, after 2 unsuccessful tries I mated all 3 of my does. This was their last chance since they have been bumming off me for 6 months. Anyway, the spring air worked & I had a shock.
th.gif

The first doe gave birth & ate all her kits then dies from a fit of some sort 2 days later
sad.png

BUT....

The second doe has given birth to 7 kits & the third doe has also had seven kits!
ep.gif

I'm delighted, but the freezer has decided to break NOW of all times & since I quit my job recently (family issues) there is not even a pound to spare for a new one.
barnie.gif

What the hell am I going to do with all these buns?

I can't keep them past 12 weeks except one or 2 because of the feed they'll consume. That was the plan.

Also, the cooker is broken, we need a new one of those to.
tongue.gif
Money, Money, Money!

Granted rabbit feed isn't all that expensive, but 17 rabbits could send me under
hide.gif

Sell them, give them away!!. Why breed with no back up plan? Don't answer unless u want none of my beeswaxs(lol) but have a back up plan always. Mines to sell, if that fails give away, if that fails, eat.

Sell them, give them away!!. Why breed with no back up plan? Don't answer unless u want none of my beeswaxs(lol) but have a back up plan always. Mines to sell, if that fails give away, if that fails, eat.
Oh trust me, there's a back up plan
wink.png
I should have specified, there's my nans giant freezer halfway across town, but its just not ideal at the moment although we might be moving there soon & then there will be no more BYC for me
hit.gif

I couldn't even give them away here lol, loads of pet rabbits free to good home here.

And I was working 31 days ago with no intention of quitting my job, a lot changes in a month.
sad.png
Of course the fridge & freezer break down at the perfect moment, along with the oven!

Well I think the plan was to eat them, but with a sudden lack of freezer space that becomes a problem.

Back
Top Bottom