Help! Too many bunnies!

GD91

Songster
6 Years
Aug 1, 2013
UK
Long story short, after 2 unsuccessful tries I mated all 3 of my does. This was their last chance since they have been bumming off me for 6 months. Anyway, the spring air worked & I had a shock.

The first doe gave birth & ate all her kits then dies from a fit of some sort 2 days later

BUT....

The second doe has given birth to 7 kits & the third doe has also had seven kits!

I'm delighted, but the freezer has decided to break NOW of all times & since I quit my job recently (family issues) there is not even a pound to spare for a new one.

What the hell am I going to do with all these buns?

I can't keep them past 12 weeks except one or 2 because of the feed they'll consume. That was the plan.

Also, the cooker is broken, we need a new one of those to.
Money, Money, Money!

Granted rabbit feed isn't all that expensive, but 17 rabbits could send me under

SternRose

Songster
5 Years
Mar 23, 2014
Training my dogs
My Coop
My Coop
Sell them, give them away!!. Why breed with no back up plan? Don't answer unless u want none of my beeswaxs(lol) but have a back up plan always. Mines to sell, if that fails give away, if that fails, eat.

GD91

Songster
6 Years
Aug 1, 2013
UK
Sell them, give them away!!. Why breed with no back up plan? Don't answer unless u want none of my beeswaxs(lol) but have a back up plan always. Mines to sell, if that fails give away, if that fails, eat.
Oh trust me, there's a back up plan
I should have specified, there's my nans giant freezer halfway across town, but its just not ideal at the moment although we might be moving there soon & then there will be no more BYC for me

I couldn't even give them away here lol, loads of pet rabbits free to good home here.

And I was working 31 days ago with no intention of quitting my job, a lot changes in a month.
Of course the fridge & freezer break down at the perfect moment, along with the oven!

SavageDestiny

Songster
6 Years
Jan 11, 2014
Bend, OR
Well I think the plan was to eat them, but with a sudden lack of freezer space that becomes a problem.

Top Bottom