Help!!!! triple digit weather in Cali

Those of us who live in Arizona, have that problem all the time. You have recieved lots of great suggestions which all work. If you have a tarp, I would put something over the tart that deflects the heat, like tree branches that blew down in one of our Monsoons. My chicks love it when I wet down the grass, and are always gretaeful for a nice breeze. I know how worried you must be. I worry all the time!

Last edited:
* #1- **Increase number of waterers!!** Double them, Triple them! Cut plastic jugs and fill, space 3, 4 feet apart. #2- Be wary of hot weather dustbathing; They do it to get cool, but can overheat/over-exert in the process. #3 Cool down/ Lighten lunch feeding. Cut out dry corn, add *a little* frozen corn or peas, Cherrie tomatoes, melon, etc. # 4- Damp down/mist hens & pens at 11, 12, 1 until sun passes. #5 Set out a very shallow chicken wading pool. (I use a cheap plastic hot water heater pan from H-D.) #6- Shade 'em. Cheap beach umbrella, tarps, dollar store shower curtains-- and check the temp under em. These have worked well for me.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom