HELP! "Trying" to clean up chicken poop!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickcrazychick, Sep 23, 2013.

1. chickcrazychick

chickcrazychick Out Of The Brooder

Sep 18, 2013
    North Central Oklahoma
    I have 5 chickens who LOVE to pooh ALL over my cement porch!! The solid stuff is easy to clean, the runny, not so easy (I'm not sure if runny poop is a sign of illness, or not?) But I cant seem to rid the stains from the cement, ESPECIALLY when my mullberry tree starts to produce, it's a terrible mess. Does anybody have any ideas, or miracle concoctions to make my once lovely porch clean again??

2. Bodee

Bodee Out Of The Brooder

Sep 3, 2013
    Clean it with soap and water really good >

3. chickcrazychick

Sep 18, 2013
    North Central Oklahoma
    Like dishsoap, warm or cold water? I rinsed with cold water, and scrubbed with a little scrubber to no avail! I was afraid to use anything else in fear of setting the stain in worse..

4. OlivesMama

OlivesMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2013
    Oregon
    I'm guessing the runny poop you're referring to is cecal poop. It's very hard to remove from any surface. I have a small concrete slab in front of our garage door that lead out to the run. I have to spray it down almost daily to keep it from staining. Maybe vinegar? I'd be hesitant to use any chemical cleaners out where the chickens roam.

5. chickcrazychick

Sep 18, 2013
    North Central Oklahoma
    Vinegar did cross my mind..thank you OlivesMama, I will try that!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by