Help !!!!!!!!! Trying to convince parents to allow me to get a pair of ko shamos before winter befo

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by egg man10, Oct 14, 2012.

1. egg man10

egg man10 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 9, 2012
    Hello alll
    I do have chickens and have had them for five years but this year in july i fell in love with the ko shamo and then when i finally contacted a breeder they are saying that in the spring he dosnt sell chicks or pairs for the fact that he dosnt wanna accidentally sell a champion bird, which i can agree with but i already have.......
    • a coop for smaller breeds
    • layer feed
    • and possibly the waterer

PLEASE HELP I HAVE UNTIL THE END OF OCTOBER TO HAVE THEM HERE BEFORE IT GETS TOO COLD!!!!!! PLEASE ANY TRICKY WAYS TO CONVINCE THEM WILL HELP

2. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    Well, are you buying them? That will help with convincing them. Also, if you have a plan and supplies, which it sounds like you do, then, you should be able to convince them of letting you get some. Show them Internet pics of Ko Shamos, and tell them about how amazing they are.

And, if you just get your parents to see the chickens in person, maybe they will just break down and let you have some.

I hope my ideas help. Welcome to Backyard Chickens. I hope your parents say yes. Good luck. :)

P.S I found a breeder who was raising silkies. One day, I asked her if she would sell me some of the chicks. She said yes. So, I asked mom. My mom was convinced when she heard that the silkie chicks were juvenille and wouldn't need a brooder. Just keep asking and asking. They might surprise you. [​IMG] Hope you can get em.

3. egg man10

Oct 9, 2012
    unfournately my parent have said no to any bird that can not go with our layers and all they also do not want another coop in the yard though we only have one already[​IMG]

4. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    The other possibility is that you could try to get an older bird from them but really by now most serious breeders have probably done their culling and are now down to just the keepers. You most likely are going to just have to wait till spring. Good breeders of Ko or any shamo are not going to part with possible good birds just because you have your stuff ready! Be patient. They will be worth the wait.

Ah...we were typing at the same time.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  5. Joe Jordan

Joe Jordan Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    But is it a coop or is it a dog house? Ahh, loophole! [​IMG]

6. LoveChickens123

LoveChickens123 Chillin' With My Peeps

just tell your parents and the person you are buying them from why you should have them

7. egg man10

Oct 9, 2012
    sorry my parents have put the case doors closed on the shamo thing, though they sai any breed that would work with our laying flock i could get......
    Any Ideas on fancy or rare breeds
    EggMan10

8. egg man10

Oct 9, 2012
    A Bird Worth Saving

Dear: Mom And Dad
    Though I know I have already asked you about the Ko Shamo chicken which you have said no to since they cannot go with our layers…… but I have a proposal for you now that I see could work. I get the look of many coops is disturbing and looks bad, but I am willing to consolidate all of my birds including the pigeons to a small enough number as to where they can all be over here on our side of the property line. And in turn we can sell the pigeons now 12by 12 foot coop, if I would be allowed to consolidate my animals and keep the small coop that I built for the Ko Shamo and use it for them.

Though there still may be concerns from the two of you I have info from the breeder who has agreed, that if you will allow me to get them. He could keep them through the winter for me… I would be paying him monthly the cost of 20 dollars for the care and as a down payment until I payed the 100 dollars he will charge me for them. This is like a bill of sale which I will need to learn how to do for the future tasks, and he would ship them out at the end of February or March which ever worked better for me. I know you may think why can’t you just get another breed that can go with our layers, but it doesn’t work that way in the way that the Ko Shamos “ act as thought they were parrots in their ways of mimicking your actions and clue words you can allow them to have……”(From the Ko Breeder). Though I get you have still the thought of not wanting to have that many eye sore coops, I have devised that when the new shed coop is done then we can screw the back of my small coop to the shed coop so it looks that they are one coop. When I get the layer chicks in the spring I will get all birds that lay superb in colder climates.

My second and one of the most important reasons I fell in love with this breed is there unique stature, they are under watch with the poultry association, since they are dwindling in numbers.

I also have the money to pay the payments for him until Christmas...and then I know that there will be enough money with me to get them and pay shipping to get them here. Though we are talking of getting a male and a female to preserve the breed.The general temperament of the KO SHAMO is known to be more inquisitive and smarter than your average layer bird……
    These are all reasons I feel that I should be able to get the Ko Shamo.

Thanks
    Please consider it I truly think these are the right birds for me…………

. .

it is acctually a coop i paid to build .. i dont k now how to upload pics otherwise i would............

I am editing this to have the document i am showing my parents apear for you guys to read.....

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by