Help! TSC waterer spills over

K-Chick

Songster
10 Years
Feb 25, 2009
NW In
The TSC waterer I bought won't keep the water in its bowl. I have it sitting on blocks to help keep it clean and it drips over the edge. You can't hang it, whats its problem? My coops a mess in that area. Any suggestions?
sad.png

What type of waterer is it? Does it look kind of like this one?
4489_waterer.jpg

I have a couple similar to that which will overflow if the lid isn't sealed tightly enough. Two ways to work with it -- 1) keep messing with it till the seal is air tight; or 2) leave the little cap screwed onto the opening at the bottom to reduce the water flow to a slight trickle.

Last edited:
If you have the other kind that slides over tabs, you have to set it so the hole the water comes out is slightly lower. This creates like a self daming effect. I had to figure that out by trial and error. I too lost lots of water out of it. Also, make sure it's seated all the way on the tabs. Halfway it'll also lose water.

I have a big one like covenat creek's. I was OVER tightening mine trying to get it to quit leaking. When I tightened it just till snug, it won't leak.

I have the same one, I notice it will not fill up after the thing is empty....I have to keep opening the thing to get it filled. I need one that works, and in my opinion, this one doesn't

Quote:
What type are you talking about? Do you mean the kind with the little cap at the bottom? If so, the cap should be screwed onto the "cap rest" near the top when the waterer is filled. Only put it over the opening at the bottom while filling, then screw it back on the cap rest. You won't have to mess with it again till you need to refill.

Quote:
What type are you talking about? Do you mean the kind with the little cap at the bottom? If so, the cap should be screwed onto the "cap rest" near the top when the waterer is filled. Only put it over the opening at the bottom while filling, then screw it back on the cap rest. You won't have to mess with it again till you need to refill.

lol.png
I KNOW THAT! Too funny. I just can't get the thing to fill up, not unless it isn't supposed to fill up very much, I am expecting it to fill all the way to the top....

In that case, it does sound like it's officially broken. lol You should definitely be able to fill it to the top. Got pics? What brand is it? I have enough trouble with the ones that work -- I definitely want to avoid the ones that don't....

Back
Top Bottom