Help, turkey leg or hip injury

Bebaker1965

Hatching
May 23, 2024
Hello, one of my gobblers has had a bit of a limp for the past year or so but it didn't seem to bother him too much. After a recent run in with our other male he has a very pronounced limp that seems very painful. Not sure what to do? I will try to post a video.

Video

Attachments

• 20240523_100517.gif
    20240523_100517.gif
    12.8 MB · Views: 4
I don't see any obvious injury. No cuts, nothing that I can feel or that is really swollen. It looks like to me that his leg has popped out of joint but I can't tell. He is very strong and is not a fan of being handled.

Hello, one of my gobblers has had a bit of a limp for the past year or so but it didn't seem to bother him too much. After a recent run in with our other male he has a very pronounced limp that seems very painful. Not sure what to do? I will try to post a video.
Been going through this too. One tom injured himself getting off the roost on a frozen ground morning. The injury is most likely in the hip but can also be the bottom of the foot.

The limp was getting better after being prevented from roosting high. After a major fight with the other tom. the limp got far worse.

Preventing from fighting and roosting high and the limp is now minimal. A bad landing or another hard fight will make it worse again.

Back
Top Bottom