Help! Unsure about fertile duck eggs...

Not sure which egg...
Resized_20210630_191334(1).jpeg

Resized_20210630_190110.jpeg

I’ll bet #2! Is the ducklings a mixed breed?
It is! Hahaha my mom checked last night and it definitely was Egg 2. You're good! It's a muscovy duckling.

Egg 1
Resized_20210630_204540.jpg

So you think Egg 1 isn't looking good?

Now that Egg 2 has hatched, will she give up on Egg 1? If so, when is good to remove the egg if it doesnt hatch?

After the big announcement... Toph (momma duck) is inside the coop with Thumper (Egg 2) and aunt Jinora is paying a visit to the new addition.
Resized_20210630_191217.jpeg

Visiting hours...
Resized_20210630_191521.jpeg

They're all so curious.

The main thing that’s making me hesitate with egg 1 is this part:
AADB2002-CC94-4CB0-924D-B70F9DFABAD0.jpeg

I’m on a phone so it’s kinda hard to tell, but that area looks like dark red in color. With a full term, healthy it it should be all dark. Does it have a rotten smell? If not, leave it till she stops sitting. I’m not too familiar with broodys but I believe they will sit for a few more days after the eggs start hatching. Good luck with this eggy!

Edit: I went back and compared the first photos you posted to this one. This egg really has me wondering now lol. It looks like it has filled up more and it has darkened. I’m really confused with this egg! Let’s tag someone: @MGG @Kiki @Pyxis

Last edited:
The main thing that’s making me hesitate with egg 1 is this part:
View attachment 2742963
I’m on a phone so it’s kinda hard to tell, but that area looks like dark red in color. With a full term, healthy it it should be all dark. Does it have a rotten smell? If not, leave it till she stops sitting. I’m not too familiar with broodys but I believe they will sit for a few more days after the eggs start hatching. Good luck with this eggy!

Edit: I went back and compared the first photos you posted to this one. This egg really has me wondering now lol. It looks like it has filled up more and it has darkened. I’m really confused with this egg! Let’s tag someone: @MGG @Kiki @Pyxis
Thank you soooooooo much! You've been very helpful :)

I didn't notice any bad smell but I'll let it be until she stops sitting.

After looking at so many photos, I really thought Egg 1 was more hopeful. Had no clue of anything about internal pipping.

I'm still in disbelief Egg 2 finally hatched 😅 glad I didnt get ripped off craigslist.

Back
Top Bottom