HELP!!!!update: humidity thru the roof while chicks are still hatching

Congrats Stevin! Sounds like you picked the right lockdown date because they are hatching.

galanie - I wishing you Good Luck on your hatch, hoping they are just a little late and it all works out. I think I keep reading that a 'drop' in temp in better then to high of a temp spike.

thanx....
so far 4 have hatched and afew more have pipped.
this may be an odd question, but should i keep the light on in the room that i have the incubator in or can i shut the light off for the night? or does it even make a difference?

Quote:
Keep us update Stevin on how the others are hatching ... so some hatched on day 20 (yesterday)?

I set my same exact date and time 6pm and still nothing ... hard to be patient during hatching isn't it? *smile*

i'm up to 30-31 hatched 5 pipped and 2 with no pips & 1 that seems to be having a tough time breaking out. the egg has been somewhat zipped since this morning and i can see it's beak moving.

i habe a bunch of chicks that are completely dry when will it be safe to take them out without harming the unhatched chicks?

Don't open your incubator until all your chicks have hatched!! You will loose the humidity and your remaining chicks will shrink wrap!
sad.png
Chicks are good for 24 hours without food or water so your dry chicks will be fine until your hatch is over
smile.png

Quote:

i'm concerned because i've seen a few with their mouths open as if they are panting. temp is at 99.8 and the humidity is at 86%

Last edited:
Are your vents open? If you feel your chicks are in distress, with your humidity that high, if the other eggs haven't pipped yet you should be able to quickly take the chicks out. Try not to open the lid to high when you do it so you keep as much humidity in as possible. If your humidity drops too low (below 65%) put a piece of wet sponge in to help bring it back up. Good luck!
smile.png

Quote:

thats the issue i'm having, there are about 4-5 pipped eggs and 1 that has been kinda zipped,
a 1/4" wide by about an 1" long opening. it's been that way since this morning.
i just had to open the vent because the humidity had reached into the 90's.

Back
Top Bottom