Help! Upper respiratory???

Yes. Will keep you updated
So today inspecting more. I find tiny yellow worms moving around in my roos feces! I just wormed them with piperazine 1x 2 weeks ago and again this week. They are surely alive!! This could also be wreaking havoc on my already sick birds??

Attachments

• 20230415_151828.jpg
    20230415_151828.jpg
    902.4 KB · Views: 2
So today inspecting more. I find tiny yellow worms moving around in my roos feces! I just wormed them with piperazine 1x 2 weeks ago and again this week. They are surely alive!! This could also be wreaking havoc on my already sick birds??
Yes, it could be. Do they sell diatomaceous earth (the food grade stuff) in Canada? There are several different worms types of worms, and several different types of meds.
I looked up tiny yellow worms in chicken poop and found a byc thread that might be helpful, but I can't figure out how to link it.

Name of thread:
Small yellow worms/maggots in stool?? *PIC* HELP!

Last edited:
Yes, it could be. Do they sell diatomaceous earth (the food grade stuff) in Canada? There are several different worms types of worms, and several different types of meds.
I looked up tiny yellow worms in chicken poop and found a byc thread that might be helpful, but I can't figure out how to link it.

Name of thread:
Small yellow worms/maggots in stool?? *PIC* HELP!
Yes. It could be that my deworming did not cover what it needed to. Or that they are still shedding them.

I do have diatomaceous earth and use it weekly in the coop in warm weather.

My concern is worming them again for a 3rd time. I know it's hard on their bodies. Not sure what to do there . Ahhhhhh .. this is the first time they have had an issue .. it's frustrating not knowing what to do to help them.

Back
Top Bottom