HELP! URGENT: Day 19 w/low humidity - KEBONNIXS

Where do you put the sponge at?
Hey, the manual recommends to take the turner out on the last three days, that gave me enough room to put a small water container in there and the humidity went up from 64 to 70 in like five minutes.

Any additional water container such as sponge, I'd put in or near the center. This solution was for the cheap knockoff 'Smart Incubator' that does not have a good way to add water nor ventilation (I'd drill 2 small holes)

But for the Kebonnixs, which has the additional water chamber within, you can simply add water to it. Do so via the outside port by putting water in that goes over the lines or manually directly inside this inner chamber.
Unless eggs are particularly thick, 65% humidity is good.

My ideal is taking it from 45-53% the first 18, to 62% day 18 - 19/20 and close to 70 when close to zipping. Maintaining good air flow/oxygen especially during these lasts 3 days.

Hey, the manual recommends to take the turner out on the last three days, that gave me enough room to put a small water container in there and the humidity went up from 64 to 70 in like five minutes.
Mine is the kebonnix with the water chamber on the outside and having that chamber filled up to the top, raised the humidity up from 45 to only 64 and using this small container to add some extra water did the trick; humidity is at 70 two days to hatching day and I can already hear those babies making some noise inside their eggs

I also use the Kebonnix, and I’ve never had issues with mine…. fingers crossed because I’m incubating another clutch of Serama eggs. I did do a bit of adjusting with it while using other backup incubators simultaneously (erring on the safe side). I think a number of variables come into play like incubator location, room temperatures, humidity outside the incubator, size and number of eggs, etc, etc. I can only give my experience with the Kebonnix and will add that I add 3 thermometer/hygrometers around the inside to monitor since the floor of the incubator will read temp/humidity different than what the unit reads. Then, I can adjust temp/humidity accordingly. Plus, I wrap a bath towel around it…. steering clear of the towel dipping into the exterior water trough or covering any ventilation. I hope anything I’ve offered of my experience can help someone else.

Back
Top Bottom