HELP!! URGENT QUESTION my duck has a red appendix hanging form cloaca

4duckitos

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 7, 2011
Hello everybody
this morning I got up and just saw that my make duck has a red curly appendix hanging out of his cloacal opening.....is this his sexual organ????? Why is it out there? Is it going to get back in by itslef or is it prolaxed? Do I need to take him to the vet?
THANK YOU FOR THE HELP!!

yes we do have a female with him and he is been trying to mate (he is only 4 moths old) but this just happened this morning and they just woke up.....and no its not going back...I have him in the tub with water now to see if it will retract but no luck so far
...thank you

It should retract. but if not you can lubricate it and try to put it back in. but, it could just come back out. may need to bring him to the vet.
smile.png

thank you...it might be a job for the vet...I am trying to locate our mobile vet right now!!!

One day not long ago we noticed this happen to our little dachshund who is neutered, don't know what happend but scared me really bad. I grabbed the first thing I could think of which was Vetericyn and sprayed him real good, then we put him in the sink and soaked him in cold water. It finally went down and in. I hope you can help your little duck, this just happened to another poster just a few days ago.

been to vet....he gave us antibiotics and antiflammatories. I really hope we do not have to do surgery!! If the medicines work it will get better and I will be able to re-insert it into the cloaca....
I will keep u posted....lets keep fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom