Help us with listless Pluckie

HopeisWise

In the Brooder
Feb 29, 2024
Hi friends! I am new but because of this group, I’ve successfully treated Bumblefoot and a leg injury! I am lucky enough to have a small house for rehabbing chickens who have had trauma. Pluckie was put in rehab due to feather loss from being picked on. That was in February. We added Helen (Keller) who as please?went blind but is otherwise sweet, healthy and best friends with Pluckie. We have an additional hen with feather loss named Sparkie and gets along fine with her housemates.
Pluckie hasn't really added feathers for months and months. From time to time I see down, but thats it. For the last two days she has been lethargic and tucks her leg up alot. Ive never seen this behavior! She will eat but when checked, her one leg was “hot”. She is eating but not enthusiastic about anything. Ideas please?

Attachments

• IMG_0001.png
    IMG_0001.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0002.png
    IMG_0002.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0311.jpeg
    IMG_0311.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 9
Looks like she's growing back some feathers. She's got some type of frizzle, sizzle feathering going on, possibly she may not put on a lot of feathers due to that. @MysteryChicken

The stripped wing feathers and anything broken with intact feather shafts still in the skin, likely won't be replaced until she molts - probably in the fall.

How old is this one, do you know?

Hard to know what's going on with the leg. If you have been adding rescues/newbies from different places, you may have an illness like Marek's that's been introduced.

I'd work on her eating/drinking, get a fecal float to rule out worms. Vitamins that contain B2(Riboflavin) would be good to give.

Looks like she's growing back some feathers. She's got some type of frizzle, sizzle feathering going on, possibly she may not put on a lot of feathers due to that. @MysteryChicken

The stripped wing feathers and anything broken with intact feather shafts still in the skin, likely won't be replaced until she molts - probably in the fall.

How old is this one, do you know?

Hard to know what's going on with the leg. If you have been adding rescues/newbies from different places, you may have an illness like Marek's that's been introduced.

I'd work on her eating/drinking, get a fecal float to rule out worms. Vitamins that contain B2(Riboflavin) would be good to give.
She looks like a Frazzle which can have problems due to the second dose of the Frizzle Gene.

Back
Top Bottom