help!!!!! very urgent!!!!!! possibly internal pip gone wrong!!!!!

hopefully it will be ok. As long as you didn't cause any bleeding. That's the thing thats bad. Your temp and humidity seems good to me. Just hold tight and wait it out. That is the hardest part. If you've got a homemade incubator maybe the temp wasn't as high as it should have been. I know people who've had hatches 2 days early because the temp was higher than it should have been so I think it could work the other way too. don't be hard on yourself, there is only so much you can do and you're doing it.
Ok, thanks so much. I have a regular mercury thermometer & ordered a temp/humidity gauge from Amazon. I guess I just got nervous the more I read. When I noticed the "shadowy something" when I candled I thought it was internally popping, but have not heard anything so...... Then I read that they may not be able to get thru the membrane or could be backwards...... Boy oh boy..... I would have a heart attack if I did this regularly. But I'm still praying our solo baby will be just fine. I do appreciate you tho, very much.

Do what??? I havent even posted a pic. And my baby is alive inside & moving.
Well, that was odd! Anyway, just hold tight, if that baby is alive and moving around and you've got everything as it should be in the incubator it should hatch. Then you'll have to find it a little friend or it will be lonely!

Well, that was odd! Anyway, just hold tight, if that baby is alive and moving around and you've got everything as it should be in the incubator it should hatch. Then you'll have to find it a little friend or it will be lonely!
the baby should pretty much be filling up the egg at this point so you might not be able to see anything but darkness anyway.

I had a breech birth that I assisted in the spring but you probably won't have to do that. Just so you know, if you see darkness on the outside of the egg almost like a bruise in the non-air cell end that "could" indicate that the baby has broken the membrane on the wrong end, caused a little bleeding which discolors the outside of the egg but lets not jump the gun on that.

I know, I wish she wasnt the only 1 that made it. Do you think our Emmie (the mom) will bond or interact with her baby? She did sit on them for 3 weeks so there was a glimpse of wanting to hatch eggs, right?!

I know, I wish she wasnt the only 1 that made it. Do you think our Emmie (the mom) will bond or interact with her baby? She did sit on them for 3 weeks so there was a glimpse of wanting to hatch eggs, right?!

No. She will kill it.

Do what??? I havent even posted a pic. And my baby is alive inside & moving.
Wow!!!! I'm trying to be positive here. Yes!!!! I HAVE been watching a LIVE duckling inside the egg, moving around. YES!!! There are bright, pumping veins. I dont imagine things just for wishful thinking. I am trying to save a duckling with Science & Facts
No. She will kill it.
Wow!!! I wouldve never thought. Thought it wouldve been just the drake. I'm so glad I asked

the baby should pretty much be filling up the egg at this point so you might not be able to see anything but darkness anyway.

I had a breech birth that I assisted in the spring but you probably won't have to do that. Just so you know, if you see darkness on the outside of the egg almost like a bruise in the non-air cell end that "could" indicate that the baby has broken the membrane on the wrong end, caused a little bleeding which discolors the outside of the egg but lets not jump the gun on that.
Ok, well.... lastnight I read to put a damp washcloth around the egg. I did. This morning, the place that the egg was laying on, (on the washcloth???) had a little bruising and that's when I started panicking. But the bruising has since gone away. It was along a hairline crack that you could barely see. On its side, not end

Wow!!!! I'm trying to be positive here. Yes!!!! I HAVE been watching a LIVE duckling inside the egg, moving around. YES!!! There are bright, pumping veins. I dont imagine things just for wishful thinking. I am trying to save a duckling with Science & Facts

Wow!!! I wouldve never thought. Thought it wouldve been just the drake. I'm so glad I asked

Glad to hear! I couldn't tell without pictures offcourse! That sounds really hopefull! Bright pumping veins means that is alive!

But yeah no; duck are not as humans unfortuntely. They have no understanding of sentiment and who their children are. If the mother takes care of them; the neighbours (male ánd female) will peck them to dead if they please. It's a wonder so many ducks make it to adulthood. That's why they probably can get like 31 at a time.. instead of us humans mostly 1.. Mom will not understand that they "come from her". And attack. They apparently do not even have this oligory smell thing that they can smell someone is a kin..
But; may this chick hatch; you can treat it well, and when around 8 weeks; slowly introduce it to mom; and they can become friends. Or frenemy's. Or whatnot. But evenutally accept each other and like each other as a part of their group :)

I just have runners and I don't have a clue about Welsh H. but I think they are one of the prettiest I've ever seen. I have a feeling, and it's just that, that the mother won't have anything to do with it so that's going to be on you.

Back
Top Bottom