help!!!!! very urgent!!!!!! possibly internal pip gone wrong!!!!!

Ok, well.... lastnight I read to put a damp washcloth around the egg. I did. This morning, the place that the egg was laying on, (on the washcloth???) had a little bruising and that's when I started panicking. But the bruising has since gone away. It was along a hairline crack that you could barely see. On its side, not end

That does not sounds good :'( Canddle it again. You should clearly see a beak. A pip iis not a crack or a bruise. If it pips (making a hole) ánd it can not get out; thén you should interveine. Eveything before that; can unfortuantely just be bad news :'(

I just have runners and I don't have a clue about Welsh H. but I think they are one of the prettiest I've ever seen. I have a feeling, and it's just that, that the mother won't have anything to do with it so that's going to be on you.
I'm totally ok with that! I just didnt want to out her in harm's way. We originally purchased Sexted Female Ducklings......ended up with a Huge Pekin drake in the mix.

That does not sounds good :'( Canddle it again. You should clearly see a beak. A pip iis not a crack or a bruise. If it pips (making a hole) ánd it can not get out; thén you should interveine. Eveything before that; can unfortuantely just be bad news :'(
I will go candle again. But that's my worry. I read that if they pip on wrong end, it will bruise and to open it up. But, I still see too many coins there and know if I open it up, there will be bleeding. Man......this tiny lil baby sure does have a Major hold on me.

And I understand the whole Internal Pip, breaking his beak thru the air sac. Then eventually and External Pip on the shell. Then after some rest, he will Zip, and so on.

I will go candle again. But that's my worry. I read that if they pip on wrong end, it will bruise and to open it up. But, I still see too many coins there and know if I open it up, there will be bleeding. Man......this tiny lil baby sure does have a Major hold on me.

But did it pip? A crack or a bruise is not a pip. Did it make sounds; dit it crack open the shell?

I'm thinking you might need to leave it alone for a bit and see what happens. You know it's alive, you know the temp & humidity is right so maybe let nature happen? Just sayin. Trust me, I know how you are feeling and that you want to help but if can see all those veins then the baby hasn't absorbed everything yet. You don't want to be messing around trying to get it out before it's ready. Think about this too, do you really know for 100% sure this egg was started when you think it was? Maybe it was laid a day or few later than the others your momma duck sat on. It could have been an "add-on"?

You wrtie it down like someone who read a lot about it; and is smart. Like I first started (check my post history!). It's really unclear what good veins look like, and what pipping is; untill you actually see it. We sat on 70+ bad eggs believing they were alive and pipped.. making these kind op topics. Getting the same advice. It felt is as I was dumb and didn't study on it. But it only understandble when you dó have a good one.

You do not provide pictures; and just say "offcourse I know what a pip is" etc. But don't really SAY anything.

I'm sorry.

I'm thinking you might need to leave it alone for a bit and see what happens. You know it's alive, you know the temp & humidity is right so maybe let nature happen? Just sayin. Trust me, I know how you are feeling and that you want to help but if can see all those veins then the baby hasn't absorbed everything yet. You don't want to be messing around trying to get it out before it's ready. Think about this too, do you really know for 100% sure this egg was started when you think it was? Maybe it was laid a day or few later than the others your momma duck sat on. It could have been an "add-on"?

Yes, timeframe is correct. She was actually laying way too many so had brought her to vet on my bday, and so on...so all the dates were dates I couldnt forget. LOL. I had begun marking them because she was laying so many. I never thought she wouldve gone broody so young so I had been taking them out little by little.
And yes, I'm leaving it alone. I'd much rather a natural process, just wasnt sure if I Needed to intervene. But I do want you to know I appreciate your help & positive thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom