help!!!!! very urgent!!!!!! possibly internal pip gone wrong!!!!!

Thank you, I think so too, but of course I'm biased. ; ) I wish Max, my drake, wouldnt have gotten so mean tho. He tries to eat me up every single time I'm near him. He used to be my little cuddle bug. Now, I cant go near him without getting bit......and he draws blood sometimes. He bites hard!!! Not sure why. I always thought if he started to get that way, it would never be me...... His MOM!!!!
I've had to pin our drake down a few times, it does work and doesn't hurt anything other than his pride. When he forgets a week or so later I have to remind him.
Our runners are tiny compared to Max, I'll bet he sure does bite hard!

I'm thinking maybe Saxony & Pekin. They're a good size for Max (pekin), & not major egg layers, if what Ive read on the all-knowing Google is correct. But...will bigger female ducks bully a small female duck? Do females need to "show their roll" as well? I also, very much so, want more W.H. tho, ducklings or adult. She is so calm & sweet. A bit weary but trusting. I found a site, Holderread Waterfowl, with high ratings. They have W.H. How do yall feel about people shipping ducklings? I'm honestly really worried about that & not sure. From Oregon to Georgia, those lil babies could have a very rough trip. You cant guarantee that every shipper or mail dept.employee will read the box & say "oh, be careful". I've tried to find some local hatcheries but after all the illness & vet visits when we 1st got our ducks, I'm a bit nervous about just going with anyone.
I'm still looking good & hard for something more local, and may just have to drive a few hours but....just curious what yall thought?

There can be some dominance issues at first but shouldn’t be too bad @CrystaBub just brought home her female Appleyard and she was accepted right off. You just never know but it should work itself out pretty quick. Mine all hatched here but my 2 Fawn an White Runners and I am not a fan of ordering through the mail since 4 came and I lost 2. But a lot of members have done it and I am sure you’ll get pros an cons. If you can find someone within a days drive to me that’s is much better. Have you been on the GA state thread? It’s at “where am I where are you” might find someone reputable. My Muscovy are my only ducks that get moody and cantankerous at times but it’s short lived . These girls have all been together for years too. You know how catty girls can be lol

Ok, thanks...I will look up that thread. I would much rather hatch our ducklings at home too. I will look around, & do some more searching. Thanks for all the feedback. As always, you ladies are Wonderful!!!:love
P.S. The few duckling twins I found online, I think most of them had Pekins in the mix. Neat, huh?!

Will do. Do you know Miss Lydia,
(@MissLydia) when I 1st brought home our ducklings early this year, you answered all my questions then... you were the 1st person to respond. Then, when I saw you were from W.N.C., that sealed the deal (that's our dream, to find land on the mountains & build our little cabin. Already started land shopping.) I just thought that was neat. I know I ask ALOT of questions & ramble on all the time, so I'm sorry to Everyone about that. I guess I just love that I've found other people that love their ducks as much as I do!!!:wee

So sorry you lost your little duckies :( but you tried your best. I love my WH's they are awesome ducks. But I agree you may want to get a couple of larger females for your big boy. He is huge!! lol but gorgeous :)

Back
Top Bottom