HELP!!! Video included!

YardBirdMom

Songster
5 Years
Apr 1, 2014
Tryon, Oklahoma
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...10&authkey=!AIockWqGTW07tzE&ithint=video,.mp4

Last night I went to the run to see if the girls were ready for bed. It was about 7:30 in the evening and I typically just sit on a 5 gallon bucket and wait til they meander into the coop then close them up.

One little hen sort of pecked at the ground and it appeared her neck 'stiffened' up and she started walking backwards. This scared the bejeezers out of me and I knew something wasn't right so I just watched her until they went into the coop and she did it a couple more times. I decided to isolate her in a pet taxi overnight and see how she was this morning. She's eating, pooping (looks normal), and drinking.

WHAT in the world is wrong with her? Can I help her???

Called my vet. He said she wouldn't be eating and drinking if something were stuck in her throat or crop. Since she's NOT lethargic, has NO mites/lice (I've checked twice) and is otherwise active and normal he believes she has suffered an injury. Another bird could have flown and landed on her causing a nerve injury in her neck or back.

I've put her back in the coop and will watch her.

Back
Top Bottom