HELP- Visible external egg color- dead duckling?

Temp should of been at all times...99.5.....

That was my goal! I can't "set" my incubator though since it's homemade. When the ac was on at night while I was asleep, I wasn't able to adjust my temperature regulating vents, and it sometimes got a little below my ideal temperature

Just wait and see....;).. Post once you have waited a day or two?......You might hatch it yet?

Cheers!

Hello!
frow.gif

I don't think that the egg is dead. My ducks look that way before they come out.
And sometimes they can be two to four days late!
But on the fifth day late, and there is no movment then candle it, and on the white spot where the duckling is not near take a knife and put a tiny whole
in the egg and work very gently removing the egg. you've got nothing to lose! I have done this once before and it was bloody but the duck lived!
But don't do this before the fifth day!!!!!
And and don't worry the duck is most likely just taking its time! And the egg would not look like that if there was never something inside it.

Best of luck!
big_smile.png

Hello!:frow
I don't think that the egg is dead. My ducks look that way before they come out.
And sometimes they can be two to four days late!
But on the fifth day late, and there is no movment then candle it, and on the white spot where the duckling is not near take a knife and put a tiny whole 
in the egg and work very gently removing the egg. you've got nothing to lose! I have done this once before and it was bloody but the duck lived!
But don't do this before the fifth day!!!!!
And and don't worry the duck is most likely just taking its time! And the egg would not look like that if there was never something inside it.

Best of luck!:D  

Thank you! I'm glad to hear the appearance and lateness is somewhat normal.
I haven't really seen any movement from the egg, which worries me, but I'll be sure to post updates!

Another question: Am I supposed to be sprinkling or misting the egg with water to help with the hatch?

Not if you have Humidity in the incubator....A wet sponge in a bowl works too...

Wetting the eggs actually draws out the moisture , not adding it in....

Thanks so much! I've got the humidity pretty good in my incubator, so that's one less thing to worry about :)

Not if you have Humidity in the incubator....A wet sponge in a bowl works too...

Wetting the eggs actually draws out the moisture , not adding it in....

Thanks so much! I've got the humidity pretty good in my incubator, so that's one less thing to worry about :)

;)...:).....Fingers crossed....:)

Cheers!..:)

Hi there, just wondering what the outcome is. I have a similar situation with two of my 11 duck eggs. The rest have hatched a few days ago and I'm worried about these two

Thank you,

Heidi

Back
Top Bottom