Help! Weak Hen need some advice to help her gain her strength.

fuzzychick14

Hatching
5 Years
Nov 8, 2014
Hi All! In need of some advice/help. I have a 2 year old hen and for the past 2 weeks she has no energy to move about the run. She has colour in her face and feathers, however when I picked her up there was no weight to her. I isolated her and gave her extra food and water (which is she does eat and drink not much though) and gave her flubenuet and mite treatment (although no mites). She has gain some weight however, she is still weak and when she falls over she cant stand up and my other hens have began to pick on her when she falls over. Anyone got some advice to help her gain her strength?

You should consider tube feeding her...casportpony has wonderful advice and instructions in how to do this..you can click on her link or pm her...she is amazing at giving wonderful help,,,

seperate her worm her give her free choice grain and pellets fresh water keep in dry draft free also grit

You can also try boosting her by giving some scrambled eggs...tuna fish is also great for boosting them...maybe try something like "Rooster Booster" from tractor supply...it is great for debilitated chickens...it contains so many vitamins...

Back
Top Bottom