Help! What’s wrong with my chicken?

Do you have any pictures of the dropping? It sounds like she is feeling better, and glad to hear that she is eating and drinking. Reproductive disorders can make them feel weak and uncomfortable, so it is good that she seems better. I would try to get her eating more, and things like small amounts of scrambled egg, tuna, and canned cat food can help tempt them.

Do you have any pictures of the dropping? It sounds like she is feeling better, and glad to hear that she is eating and drinking. Reproductive disorders can make them feel weak and uncomfortable, so it is good that she seems better. I would try to get her eating more, and things like small amounts of scrambled egg, tuna, and canned cat food can help tempt them.
Ok, thank you! Sorry, I always forget my phone when I go see her, and I had to hop in the car to leave, so I didn’t get to take a picture. I will try when I get back home

Ok, I was able to get a picture of a dropping, but the yolk was gone. Either one of them ate it or a rat that we discovered in the coop today did
IMG_1805.jpeg

At first I thought my hen was egg bound, but now I don’t think so. She’s acting like she is, but she has runny green poop, and her rear is squishy, not hard. She has also been alive for over three days now. We had a hen that did this before, and we kept her alive for two weeks till we had to let her go. Why does this keep happening? I gave her an epsom salt bath and some Tums yesterday. Any ideas of what is going on? Is there anything else I can give her to save her? She is only about a year old, so it doesn’t seem like she should be having these problems. Will it spread to my other girls? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
What does her crop feel like? Is it squishy or hard and fibrous?

I haven’t gotten to felt it in a little while since we had company over, but it had felt squishy
Do her droppings look like this? This is a picture I took of my sick hen's droppings today. She has a squishy crop, lethargic, her tail dropped, and no appetite. She is around a year old.

Attachments

• 20240418_205506.jpg
    20240418_205506.jpg
    565.1 KB · Views: 2
Yes it does! Mine is also around a year old too!
You said her crop feels squishy as well?

How long has she been sick?

I believe that whatever your hen has, mine most likely has it too. Unfortunately she has been sick for over a month to no avail and she went downhill drastically yesterday.

What do you feed your chickens?

The green and white dropping look like she is still not eating enough, but the urates are a healthy white. Did that particular dropping have yellow material in it, or maybe it didn’t ?

Back
Top Bottom