Help What am I?

kaacres

Songster
12 Years
Sep 23, 2007
East of Lexington, Oklahoma
I had several of these but this is the only one that made it. I am attempting to attach several pics both young and present. I am thinking maybe Welsummer, but I don't know!?

[

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the quick reply! I was beginning to think that no one liked me. LOL

Well that gives me something else to look in to. I am very new to all of this and I love learning!

Are there any other differences that I should look for?

The main differences are size, welsummers are more like a plymouth rock in type, leghorns are small and leghorn looking. The earlobe color, welsummers have red earlobes, leghorns have white. The egg color is a big difference also. If you to feathersite and compare pics, the differences are huge. Brown leghorns are really common and lay lots of white eggs. Welsummers are not so common and lay not as many dark brown eggs.

Thank you so much for all of the valuable information. I am going to go check out the web site you told me about.

While we are on the subject...Is "Fred the guard chicken" (he is my avatar)a Buff Brahma? That was the closest thing I could find to him. Any info you have on them would be greatly appreciated!

"FRED THE GUARD ROOSTER"

Back
Top Bottom