Help! What are they doing?!?!

ChickenPeep

Faith & Feathers
11 Years
May 1, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I have 11 chicks that are 3 weeks old.

I was in bed this morning trying to get some sleep. I kept hearing the chicks downsatirs yelling and running around in their cage. I was trying to ignore it but it was bothering me so i went down to check on them. When i got to the cage, all but two of them were huddled on the corner and the other two were in the middle of the cage, FIGHTING!! Well at least that's what it looked like. They would get close to eatchother, kinda cross their necks over eactother's and pull at their fluff. WHAT"S GOING ON?!? I immediately took the largest one out. After a few seconds i put him back in, just to see what happened. They went at it AGAIN!! That weird crossing neck thing!
hmm.png
So i took the same one out again. I was planning on just letting him run around on the floor, but then the other chick waltzed over to another chick and started doing it again!!!
rant.gif
So i took them both out, and they are sleeping on my lap while i write this. I don't hear any activity in the cage now.
What were they doing?! I know this is probably rooster behavior. I don't know if i should put them back in or not. Has this happened to you before?
HELP!
barnie.gif

They are some kind of silkie. One is just plain grey/black and the other is grey/black and has some orange feathers coming in.
No, i wouldn't consider their space small. They got out to play in the grass yeterday.

Yep they will fight pull ea others neck feathers do the stare down but they wont fight to kill at this age Well I never have had them kill or hurt ea other there just seeing whos boss

Back
Top Bottom