HELP! What breed are my new chickens?

BirdaMay

In the Brooder
Jun 8, 2016
Loveland, CO
I'm brand new to chicken keeping (not to keeping birds, though! :) & would like to know what breed these free hens I got are.
I also have a RIR adult for free & 8 chicks who I got as day-old chicks (4 mille fleur d'Uccles and 4 white silkies).

The lady who gave them to me said they were heritage chickens, but to my knowledge, that is not a breed. I've seen blue eggs so far, but I think the darker bird might lay light brown eggs. Not sure. Saw their eggs in the box for a brief moment on picking up the coop, and one has laid a few blue
eggs since being here with me Would appreciate any help!

I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth - EE's aren't purebred but you got some beauties for free. And then others also free. How lucky you are!!

Before the luck wears off go buy a lotto ticket. :) Would love to see photos of the eight chicks.

Thank you! They certainly are beauties! I have a veritable rainbow flock! Let me get new pics of the 9 week old bantams (Mille Fleur d'Uccles and white silkies!) in the morning.

In the meantime, here is the lovely, dark, chocolatey Mystery Chick (I think she's a cross between an Australorpe hen & a black copper marans rooster) and the 4 other chicks I got to keep her company in the brooder box. Mystery's other friends are an Ameraucana, a red sex link, a Russian Orloff, and a blue laced red Wyandotte! Woohoo!

This is Mystery

Rock Star

The blue laced red Wyandotte (needs a name!)

Russian Orloff (needs a name!)

Robin (red sex link)

Robin & Rock Star

It is a fabulous thing to have chicks crawling all over you in bed!

OK- I'll get pics of the 9 week old bantams tomorrow.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom