Help what breeds do you think these are

dianahuffman

Songster
8 Years
Nov 11, 2012
Help what breed do you think these are. There babys still peeping like babys but the size of my small full grown hen to get idea of size was told they probully have a good 2 or 3 months to go before laying any eggs looking for I'd on the whites as well as the single black one. I thought the black was antelope till I took a second look it has no red at all could it be a Ayam Cemani? And what are whites any info on breeds most helpful thankyou

Attachments

• 20200814_180329.jpg
    20200814_180329.jpg
    486.1 KB · Views: 25
Help what breed do you think these are. There babys still peeping like babys but the size of my small full grown hen to get idea of size was told they probully have a good 2 or 3 months to go before laying any eggs looking for I'd on the whites as well as the single black one. I thought the black was antelope till I took a second look it has no red at all could it be a Ayam Cemani? And what are whites any info on breeds most helpful thankyou

Both pullets and the black one MIGHT be an Ayam Cemani, but I'm not sure. Does the white one have feathered legs?

If the black one has a pea comb, it might be a Sumatra.

What country are you in? (Some breeds are more common in certain countries.)

Where did you get them? (Some breeds are more common from certain sources.)

The white pullets appear to be Delaware's, by the feathering, but we really need more photos, including the foot colour.
Sumatra sounds good to me, if the black bird has a pea comb. Swedish black was what came to mind. Ayan Cemani is a tad rare to just come across.

I got them from a lady I traded a pig for 3 chicks I picked them out threw pictures cause I liked the colors this one is all black everything. Its only a couple months old USA florida is where I am at and got them

If the black one has a pea comb, it might be a Sumatra.

What country are you in? (Some breeds are more common in certain countries.)

Where did you get them? (Some breeds are more common from certain sources.)
I got them

I got them from a lady I traded a pig for 3 chicks

Then they might be mixes, rather than any specific breed.

USA florida is where I am at

In that case, the black one might be a Black Sumatra.
The white one with black on the neck might be a Light Brahma (if feathered legs, pea comb) or Delaware (if non-feathered legs, single comb.)
But they could also just be mixes.

Pictures of the comb and the legs on the light one would help.

Attachments

• 20200815_175252.jpg
    20200815_175252.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 20200815_175156.jpg
    20200815_175156.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 20200815_175210.jpg
    20200815_175210.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom