help! what do i do?

another thing worth looking into is there any apartments, event centers, zoos etc that have ponds that might take them in, we had a more like BnB take in a flock of 2 drakes 15 hens to put on their ponds for the visitors to watch

another thing worth looking into is there any apartments, event centers, zoos etc that have ponds that might take them in, we had a more like BnB take in a flock of 2 drakes 15 hens to put on their ponds for the visitors to watch

the place we want to give them to is a small motel and restaurant combined but we are worried it’ll be to many drakes. we might just put them on petfinder but then theirs no guarantee they’ll be pets not food

Try petfinder it will be your decision if you let them go to anyone from there. You don’t have a run for them? Having a run means they will most likely be outside all day and less cleaning inside. But I know you have to do what your parents want. Just thinking maybe a compromise and promise you and your sisters will keep up with the mess.

ok so we have decided that it would be best to rehome our ducks. if anyone on here is looking for drakes please dm me but we think we are gonna put them up for adoption on the petfinder site. if we do this what should i add in the “about” section and how much should i charge for them? also, how do i make sure they are going to good homes? these are my babies and i don’t want anything bad to happen to them but my parents are making me rehome them all, i want to make sure they’ll all have happy lives. so if anyone is looking for a pekin drake or can answer any of my questions please tell me. thank you all for all the help since i joined this site :(

Hi there! Sorry you're going to have to rehome your ducks. So it sounds like you have 5 males? "Michigan Duck Exchange", "Poultry & waterfowl Free in need of homes/rescue Michigan, Indiana, & Ohio" and "ducks for rehoming in Michigan" are some of the facebook groups for Michigan residents.

Post some pictures, tell your story, and what city or county you live in, and that they are not for food consumption. If you use terms like "rehoming fee" you are more likly to ward off people who want to use them for food. These people are looking for a free meal.....literally. Your males are more then likely not going to sell, as these a dime a dozen. Unfortunately males are hard to rehome, you may have to split them up into smaller groups or as 5 single ducks. If some asks how much for them, you can let them know in a private message that they are free to a good home. I was lucky and found someone who was looking into getting started with ducks for bug management. When he asked how much i told him free if they were not going to dinner. I also said that i would deliver as a bonus.

I wish you the best of luck.

ok so we have decided that it would be best to rehome our ducks. if anyone on here is looking for drakes please dm me but we think we are gonna put them up for adoption on the petfinder site. if we do this what should i add in the “about” section and how much should i charge for them? also, how do i make sure they are going to good homes? these are my babies and i don’t want anything bad to happen to them but my parents are making me rehome them all, i want to make sure they’ll all have happy lives. so if anyone is looking for a pekin drake or can answer any of my questions please tell me. thank you all for all the help since i joined this site :(
I was told only rescues and shelters could post on petfinder. I dont think private parties can post there. Be careful and DONT POST ON CRAIGSLIST unless you dont care about them. If you dont believe me i can let you listen to two death threats left on my phone when I refused to give this person my roosters. He doesnt take them in re resells animals to the public. I never met this person but he called me over 250 times and put a free ad on craigslist with my phone number. He also came to my house at least once and the cops said they couldnt find him. This was in AZ.

I was told only rescues and shelters could post on petfinder. I dont think private parties can post there. Be careful and DONT POST ON CRAIGSLIST unless you dont care about them. If you dont believe me i can let you listen to two death threats left on my phone when I refused to give this person my roosters. He doesnt take them in re resells animals to the public. I never met this person but he called me over 250 times and put a free ad on craigslist with my phone number. He also came to my house at least once and the cops said they couldnt find him. This was in AZ.
omg i’m so sorry! that’s why i didn’t want to post on there. i may have a home lined up for at least 3 of them but i think they might be able to take the other 2 as well. thank you all for your help!

also what age should a duckling fly by? wild mallard is 13 weeks old and can’t fly even an inch off the ground. it would be very easy for predators to get him this winter. at what point will we know if he’ll ever fly?

The Pekins can't fly either so all are susceptible to being preyed upon. They will need a secure house for night time especially. As for the Mallard has he got his flight feathers completely grown in? Can you post a picture?
It's unusual for a Mallard not to be able to fly unless there is something wrong with their wings.

Back
Top Bottom