help! what do i do?

Duck mommy 2019

Crowing
Apr 1, 2019
ok so we have decided that it would be best to rehome our ducks. if anyone on here is looking for drakes please dm me but we think we are gonna put them up for adoption on the petfinder site. if we do this what should i add in the “about” section and how much should i charge for them? also, how do i make sure they are going to good homes? these are my babies and i don’t want anything bad to happen to them but my parents are making me rehome them all, i want to make sure they’ll all have happy lives. so if anyone is looking for a pekin drake or can answer any of my questions please tell me. thank you all for all the help since i joined this site :(

Last edited by a moderator:
all the drakes are very friendly, must stay together (at least go to homes in pairs or to a place with other ducks) and love to go on walks and meet new people. they also love mealworms and swimming in mud puddles and their pond. private message me if your interested and thanks everyone <3

@Duck mommy 2019 what state are you in? How many drakes? All Pekins? Ages? Here on BYC we have a rehoming forum and a buy sell trade forum. Scroll down passed this duck forum. I’d ask at least 10.00 each. As for if they go to good homes it’s really hard to know unless you go there and see where your boys will be living just put in your ad you want them to go as pets not food.

@Duck mommy 2019 what state are you in? How many drakes? All Pekins? Ages? Here on BYC we have a rehoming forum and a buy sell trade forum. Scroll down passed this duck forum. I’d ask at least 10.00 each. As for if they go to good homes it’s really hard to know unless you go there and see where your boys will be living just put in your ad you want them to go as pets not food.

michigan, all pekins, around 6 months.

You Also might want to check out face book forums for Michigan I understand there are duck people on there.
thank you so much, also is there anyway i can make sure their new owners won’t use them as meat birds? i don’t personally know anyone who has ducks that i can give mine too so i’ll give them to strangers

Not really I mean even if you stress you don’t want them going as meat you have no guarantee. What about animal rescues in your area? Farm animal rescues look it up on line.

Not really I mean even if you stress you don’t want them going as meat you have no guarantee. What about animal rescues in your area? Farm animal rescues look it up on line.
all the animal shelters near me are overcrowded so i doubt the ducks would get adopted anytime soon. as for rescues i don’t think we have any that could take all 5 ducks

Wouldn’t hurt to look into it. @onaharley lives in Michigan maybe she can steer to some online places where you can talk to someone who maybe interested. Like Face book. I don’t do face book so I’m no help . Can you tell us why your having to give them up?

Wouldn’t hurt to look into it. @onaharley lives in Michigan maybe she can steer to some online places where you can talk to someone who maybe interested. Like Face book. I don’t do face book so I’m no help . Can you tell us why your having to give them up?

my parents are making me bc they don’t want them anymore because they are too messy and usually i’ll have friends over and we will stay in the yard with them and watch them so they aren’t in the coop all day. i’m going back to school in a couple weeks and they’ll have to stay in the coop all day and they make a big mess in it and even though i clean it my parents don’t wanna have to deal with the mess. if it was up to me i’d keep them. i’ll definitely get ducks again when i graduate college and get my own home but for now i don’t think we’ll be getting anymore ducks for awhile :( me and my sisters are really disappointed that’s why we are trying to find them a new home (preferably closer to us but we don’t care where as long as they are happy) we might have a place to take them to but it would be a 3 hour drive up north plus even tho the lady doesn’t care that they r all drakes we know that it’s going to cause problems with them fighting with the other drakes)

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom