Help! What does it mean if there is blood near my chicks!

newbie chicken owner

In the Brooder
May 17, 2021
I recently got chicks. Currently they are about 7 weeks old. I was checking up on them when I noticed a little bit of a red liquid (which I obviously assume is blood) near my chicks. I think I might have seen a tiny amount on one of their legs. Do you think they could be pecking at each other? I'm really worried they might have mites or something but I'm not sure what this might be. Please help me!! T_T 😭

I recently got chicks. Currently they are about 7 weeks old. I was checking up on them when I noticed a little bit of a red liquid (which I obviously assume is blood) near my chicks. I think I might have seen a tiny amount on one of their legs. Do you think they could be pecking at each other? I'm really worried they might have mites or something but I'm not sure what this might be. Please help me!! T_T 😭
look for mites if your too worryed, how much do you have?

Check all their toe nails, in case one of them got torn off.
Check all the chicks for any wounds.
I doubt it would be mites.
Pecking is a possibility. Sit and watch them all for a while, and look for any signs of aggression.

Check all their toe nails, in case one of them got torn off.
Check all the chicks for any wounds.
I doubt it would be mites.
Pecking is a possibility. Sit and watch them all for a while, and look for any signs of aggression.
Ditto Dat!

Also take a pic asap next time you see something like this.

Back
Top Bottom