Help what ducks are these? More pics posted

The 2 ducks are 100% drakes..They look mallard,if not full a mix maybe a snowy mallard? Here are my 2 mallard drakes

19025_018.jpg

i'm at a total loss i know the brown one was a hen the white one im not sure about this morning it crowed at me. can a female learn to crow like a rooster from being around two?

Yes, hens can crow, though they usually start doing it only if there are no roosters around. Maybe your hen is just really 'butch.'
tongue.png

The white one looks like a hen to me. In leghorns both the males and females have large combs but the female's comb usually flops over to the side.

I believe those are both rouen drakes. I have some myself. the color will change with the season. The females are a brown color.

Quote:
The female I see in your picture with your ducks is a Rhode Island Red, which lay a rich medium brown egg, not white eggs, to my knowledge. I guess some might, but they usually dont. If you are getting a white egg, it is possibly from some other female egg layer in your pen?
Tina

Statistics on the Breed:

Rhode Island
FS OK AL Om AR PP box club
Rhode Island Red & Rhode Island White
(two separate breeds)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Popular, but purebreds are uncommon.
68%/44%/28% (production/red/white)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Standard:
6.5 lb/2.9 kg
Bantam:
2 lb/0.9 kg

Class and Type:
APA (1904/1922): Large: American Bantam: Single Comb Clean Legged
PC: Soft Feather Heavy
Dual Purpose Developed in New England in 19th century.

Eggs:
rich
medium
brown

Comb/Skin Color/Earlobes
large
single;
also rose
yellow skin &
shanks
Broodiness/Hardiness/Maturing:

red broods infrequently;
can be dutiful mother
robust; hardy in heat & cold;
combs subject to frostbite
moderately early maturing well adaptable to confinement or free range; active, calm & fairly docile, can be aggressive (cocks are especially notorious)

Last edited:
your white chicken is a white leghorn and they lay white eggs I know I have some the other to me looks more like my new hampshire red hens instead of the rhode island red its color is too light and they lay brown eggs. now the ducks I have no clue because my ducks are 3 and 4 weeks old and I can't tell if they are boys or girls yet either . Mine are just now starting to get a little bit of feathers on their tails .

Back
Top Bottom