JesWith3

Songster
Jul 25, 2022
I've searched literally high and low in hopes of finding out what breed 'Willow' is.
He was the ONLY black/grey/white chick in a tub of WHITE LEGHORNS (lol) at TSC 11 weeks ago.
We decided to take our chances and hoped for a hen, but alas the Rooster Gods smiled down instead lol
With that said, we have no CLUE what he is!

I am wondering if he is an Olive Egger?? Possibly a Sapphire Olive Egger??

Does anyone have a rooster that looks like this gorgeous guy or know what in tarnation he is?

Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• willow5.jpg
    willow5.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 99
  • willow2.jpg
    willow2.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 38
  • willow3.jpg
    willow3.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Willow.jpg
    Willow.jpg
    303.9 KB · Views: 51
  • willow7.jpg
    willow7.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 45
  • willow6.jpg
    willow6.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 32
  • willow4.jpg
    willow4.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 31
My vote is for brown blue Leghorn, but it would be good to hear from others. @Tookie @SilverBirds @BastyPutt
I would absolutely be inclined to agree with you IF Hoover's Hatchery (the one supplying my local TSC feed store with chicks) even had that breed. They DO have Brown Leghorns, but those chicks (brown chipmunks) look nothing like 'Willow' did as a peep. He was All grey (dark charcoal to light charcoal) with a creamy white underside and two white spots, one at the inner corner of each eye. This has me so baffled. Perhaps Sapphire Gem?? ughh lol
Edited to add: He also does not have the clean yellow legs/feet of a brown Leghorn. They are muddied yellow (for lack of a better term) with black/grey painted down the front of the legs and tops of the feet and toes.

Last edited:
I would absolutely be inclined to agree with you IF Hoover's Hatchery (the one supplying my local TSC feed store with chicks) even had that breed. They DO have Brown Leghorns, but those chicks (brown chipmunks) look nothing like 'Willow' did as a peep. He was All grey (dark charcoal to light charcoal) with a creamy white underside and two white spots, one at the inner corner of each eye. This has me so baffled. Perhaps Sapphire Gem?? ughh lol
Prairie Bluebell Egger?? lol Driving me insane.

I've searched literally high and low in hopes of finding out what breed 'Willow' is.
He was the ONLY black/grey/white chick in a tub of WHITE LEGHORNS (lol) at TSC 11 weeks ago.
We decided to take our chances and hoped for a hen, but alas the Rooster Gods smiled down instead lol
With that said, we have no CLUE what he is!

I am wondering if he is an Olive Egger?? Possibly a Sapphire Olive Egger??

Does anyone have a rooster that looks like this gorgeous guy or know what in tarnation he is?

Thanks in advance :)

Well, I trust Jed, and there's nothing else that comes to mind, so I'm sticking with it

Male Sapphire Gems would be barred.

I would also say Leghorn. He doesn't really match anything else Hoover's carries unless he does end up being some sort of EE.

Pics of Willow as a peep...

Attachments

• peep.jpg
    peep.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 23
  • peep2.jpg
    peep2.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 20
  • peep3.jpg
    peep3.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 19
  • peep4.jpg