Help! What is this?

I could tell when it was zipping something want right. Too much wetness. But it came out! Still had a few eggs in there and it wasn't bleeding so I decided not to open it. I'm thinking when the other one hatched maybe that's one the bleeding started.

Oh also it looked like it had some sort of water or fluid bubble on the side of its neck. Don't see that anymore. Maybe it would be best to cull.

When chicks hatch out like that, they die later on or grow up with severe internal complications. Which makes them very weak to survive. Quality of life gets worse.

I have two hens that last huge eggs. Last hatch I had umbilical bleeding in one of each. They're fine now and 8 weeks old. This came from one of these large eggs too. This one and the other one piped yesterday am. When I checked last night this one was zipping but the other hadn't moved. Checked again and this one was out, still nothing on the other. Then this am the other was out and fine. Why would it come out? Think it was all the fluid in the egg? Apparently the green in there meant it had pooped in the egg too...

Had 12. I have a brown layer and a green layer that lays huge eggs. I had two of each in there. One of the huge brown eggs hatched and is fine. The other has done nothing. This was one of the huge green eggs. And the other has done nothing.

I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't try to hatch these anymore. They've been my problem eggs both times.

They all seemed to come out prematurely but on their own. I'm just trying to figure out why this would be specifically happening in these two hens eggs.

Back
Top Bottom