Help what is wrong with my chicks leg?

ChickyD

Songster
9 Years
Oct 11, 2010
NH
My day old chick has problems with one of her legs. She sort of sits up and looks like she's dragging her bum. Hasn't walked or really tried. It looks sort of like a clubbed foot to me? I'm sure I'm wrong. Here are a few pics. I hope someone can help me if there is anything I can do to treat it. She also had eye problems opening them but I've been treating her all day with a warm cloth and terramycin. She hasn't tried to eat or drink on her own and all she wants to do is sleep. I hope someone can help.
69585_silkie1_1.jpg

69585_silkie1.jpg

I'm sorry to bump this myself
idunno.gif
but my chick still isn't eating or drinking on her own. I have her by herself since she was getting walked all over by the other chicks. Any advice on her foot and how to get her to eat and drink on her own.

I had two little ones like that. They lived to about 9 weeks. I was having to help them eat and drink. I tried to hobble them with vet wrap but it didn't help any with thier balance.
It's sad. Maybe someone can help you.

Thanks
smile.png
She's hanging in there. I've been doing lots of research and I've given her some raw egg in a syringe and electrolytes in her water with a syringe. She seems better today but still won't eat or drink on her own. I'm exhausted
th.gif
and running out of ideas. I'm more concerned with her not eating or drinking then her leg.
I have her isolated from the other chicks but in the same brooder so she can see the others and hopefully learn what to do.

Back
Top Bottom