Help! What killed my chicken? **GRAPHIC PHOTO**

FuzzyCritters

Crowing
Mar 13, 2020
Kitsap county, WA
I found her dead just a few minutes ago 😭 She was carried away from the chicken coop to a corner of the property and left under a tree. There was an injury on her wing (from being carried?) and her skull was found crushed next to her. None of the other chickens were harmed. We have cats and dogs, plus normal predators (except foxes). Please help me figure out what killed her!
9842AEE5-29CB-4E37-BAEC-0D9656F1FDD2.jpeg

I found her dead just a few minutes ago 😭 She was carried away from the chicken coop to a corner of the property and left under a tree. There was an injury on her wing (from being carried?) and her skull was found crushed next to her. None of the other chickens were harmed. We have cats and dogs, plus normal predators (except foxes). Please help me figure out what killed her!
View attachment 2393443
Omg!!! I'm sorry for your loss. 😭😭😭

dog is more likely to kill for fun and leave the animal, weasel could of killed it and drug it for eating later, but if other birds were there likely killed them to. Weasel kills by biting the head and neck.
Racoon would have eaten it. EVen then if a racoon could of carried it that far prolly would have taken it to someplace it felt safe and had chicken dinner.
Do your dogs or whos ever dogs have access to your chickens?
sorry for your loss

View attachment 2393443
Did you ever figure out what killed your bird? I have several cameras up on my property and see different predators quite regularly on them especially at night when they roam here. This is the time of the year we have more daytime sightings because most predators are looking for mates and having their young so they are apt to be out most anytime hunting. I'm pretty sure the predator has been lurking since it made a kill. Good luck...

Back
Top Bottom