help What the heck are these chicks and why are they not getting bigger???

chick rookie

Crowing
8 Years
Nov 29, 2013
Terre Haute, In
I got them from TSC in their mixed Bantam bin. My DH picked them out and I'm afraid they are game birds just cause they are not keeping up with the other Bantam chicks of the same age I got with them. they are getting feathers but the size has not changed???? I'm new to Bantams. I was told that the game birds grow REALY slow, is why I think these 2 may be.

thanks in advance
forgot to tell ya they are 3 weeks old now.

Last edited:
They are silver sebrights. I have 2 and mine are not growing very fast either. I think it is just a breed thing. They sure are pretty!

They are silver sebrights. I have 2 and mine are not growing very fast either. I think it is just a breed thing. They sure are pretty!

x2 the black/white is a silver sebright. The second pic I'm not sure, it could just be a bad picture but it looks like its gray/white not black/white.

Oh yes I didn't see the third picture! Not sure what it is either.
Sorry they are bad pic's will try and get better tomorrow, the 3 rd is gray and white. will have to look those up never heard of them before. they aren't game birds are they?

Oh and slow growth is normal, they are small even when full grown. i think its 22 or 24 oz for the hens?not quite sure on that though, somewhere around there. we had a golden one before.

I'm actually not sure - What don't you want gamebirds for? Just curious. :)
I got a breeding pair before and knew nothing about them ( other than they were beautiful, was told they were splash Marrons ) turns out they were Game birds and not Marrons at all and the Rooster beat the dickens out of everything on the place, talking goats dogs other chickens EVEN TOOK AFTER MY HORSE and anyone that walked into the yard. Don't want anything to do with that ever again.

Im fairly sure they are not game birds, but ornamental (silver sebrights) very pretty to look at, ur very lucky! : )
I looked them up and they are beautiful, I'm hoping its a hen and not mean.

Oh and slow growth is normal, they are small even when full grown. i think its 22 or 24 oz for the hens?not quite sure on that though, somewhere around there. we had a golden one before.
Glad to know, I though there was something wrong with them.

Yea that is always a plus lol. Ours was very mild natured, actually got picked on quite a bit. But they are supposed to have big personalities in a little body. Ours liked people more then the other chickens though because of hers lol so I suppose you can't always go by the average for the breed. Good luck with your babies!

Back
Top Bottom