HELP! WHY DOES MY DUCK GO 'STIFF'????

Glad you were able to get her to the vet, and that she seems to be doing a little better now. Hope she continues to recover well! :)

thank you, I have read brewer's yeast is good for the niacin...should I get that or proper supplement?? I still have so much to learn, I feel I'm doing her an injustice sometimes :( but on the other hand she does get a LOT of love! :)
Hopefully she will improve, she is still having maybe 2-3 seizures a day but again it is like nothing has happened when she comes out of them, the vet said she's not in pain when she's having one, thank goodness.
Thanks again all :)

oh ok...it does happen quite regularly when she's in the bath/pond....just thought the water was too cold when it first started happening. Definitely something to consider too, thank you very much!! Will keep an eye on her & be more aware of when it actually happens...see if there's a pattern with it.
smile.png

thank you, I have read brewer's yeast is good for the niacin...should I get that or proper supplement?? I still have so much to learn, I feel I'm doing her an injustice sometimes :( but on the other hand she does get a LOT of love! :)
Hopefully she will improve, she is still having maybe 2-3 seizures a day but again it is like nothing has happened when she comes out of them, the vet said she's not in pain when she's having one, thank goodness.
Thanks again all :)
You could get a Super B complex vitamin and mix it in her feed or water. Brewers yeast is good too but maybe she is lacking in other nutrients.

no worries, thanks for that info, will see what I can find at our local petfood store.
appreciate everyones input, has helped so much!! thanks all
big_smile.png
How is she doing any improvement?not sure if you'd find super B at a pet store maybe at a pharmacy or Walmart in the human vit isle.

Last edited:
oh......it's ok to give her human vitamins??????
She's maybe not having quite so many seizures, but still having them & don't seem to be lasting as long (10-40seconds), so hopefully this continues to improve & perhaps it was the poisoning rather than epilepsy?

oh......it's ok to give her human vitamins??????
She's maybe not having quite so many seizures, but still having them & don't seem to be lasting as long (10-40seconds), so hopefully this continues to improve & perhaps it was the poisoning rather than epilepsy?
Can you get activated charcoal over there? it's in the anti acid isle at most stores here. it for indigestion and also is good for food poisoning, I have used it with my flock and also with myself. you can open a capsule and put in her water, it will bind to the poison and remove it from her body. and yes B complex can be given to animals. it's usually in capsule and you can open it and mix in their water or food. Maybe able to find the B complex in liquid too. Here is the link on flushes if i haven't given it to you before.https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/700526/flushes-for-aiding-in-toxin-removal#post_9508213 follow direction to the T. when using flushes.

Last edited:
Thanks both about the info on charcoal, will have a look next time getting groceries. I bought a vitamin complex powder at pet store so has only just been a couple of days with that. Still having seizures...just a random thought here....could it be a possibility of her being submissive when near me?? Have noticed a few times when I come home from work and go to let her out that she goes stiff when she sees me..nothing bad has happened to her since we've had her, well not that I'm aware of & certainly not from me!

Back
Top Bottom