Help with a baby geese

So i'm fostering a baby geese and have no clue about them at all! I bought some grains that are for goose diets but i don't know what else the baby can eat. So if someone could give me the essentials like how much food, how much water, diahrrea, baby crying until i pick him up and then he sleeps, all that please
Also the baby plucks the feathers a lot. It might be less than a month (or two) old

So i'm fostering a baby geese and have no clue about them at all! I bought some grains that are for goose diets but i don't know what else the baby can eat. So if someone could give me the essentials like how much food, how much water, diahrrea, baby crying until i pick him up and then he sleeps, all that please
Hello and welcome to the forums! poor thing good to hear that you are taking care of her that much. ave a great day!

Welcome to BYC!

For baby geese, a lot of us use Flock raiser crumbles for their feed. You can also go outside and get some grass and weeds, chop them up, and let the little monsters enjoy them. Make sure you offer some grit, all the greens can easily clog up the tiny crops.

Here's an article that goes over everything a new goose owner should know!

Hi and welcome to BYC! :frow
Do you have any idea how old the baby is? Can you post a picture of it?
Ah I see, maybe less than a month old. Where did you get it?
Hi, thanks!
Uhm yeah, thats what i assume about the age.
The destiny of the baby is to live
Hi and welcome to BYC! :frow
Do you have any idea how old the baby is? Can you post a picture of it?
Ah I see, maybe less than a month old. Where did you get it?
Hi and thank you!
So the destiny of the baby is a farm, not an industrial farm or anything, just for animals to live happily (the farm is property of my family), there's a bunch of different animals there and we take care of them.
I do have a qquestion. The goose keeps plucking his fathers and wont stop, is that part of changing them or is something else?

I read in holderreads book that plucking can be because they don't have anything natural to pull at... I.e grass so maybe try digging up a clump of grass still in the soil and provide that? Geese are also pretty intelligent and need stimulation so maybe get some kind of toy as well??

Back
Top Bottom