Help with a gift, walker w/ large basket

Chiefs Mess

In the Brooder
12 Years
Feb 1, 2007
OK folks,
Hoping you can help me here. My Mom walks with a cane so when she does the wash it gets tiresome. When she takes the clothes to her room she can only carry about two articles. Needless to say the walking back and forth is brutal on her. Well, I was up to see her
and we went shopping. She got one of those shopping carts that are half the size. Has a basket on top and one right below it. Hope you understand what I am discriping. Anyway she commented that this is what she needs around the house specially on wash day.
I went to a couple of Homecare sections in the Pharmacey and there is only the real small basket that hooks on to a walker.

I went searching on line, found new plastic shopping carts for $125.00 (great) but shipping was $250.00 (freight del.)

Sooooo besides stealing one from a shopping center, lol Any other suggestions.
Oh yeah, did Craigslist next is EBay but if found one afraid shipping will be outragous.

Thanks for your help

print off some pictures and bring it to the stores that sell walking aids. Most of the time they have a catalog that is under the counter or they will pass it to the reps who will put out the feelers for one

My mother lived with us last year while under Hospice Care. While she was still mobile, she loved her "Rollerator"--in bright red, no less. Your mom will need stability as well as mobility and this helper gives both. In addition, she could sit on it if worn by walking, and it did have a basket that she used to transport her FedX orders from theh front door to her room, her clothes, laundry, and such. This helped her keep her independence for much longer than any of her health caregivers imagined. I believe an even larger basket could have been installed without spoiling the design. These are in many of the health supplies stores and in the small health mailorder catalogs. Best wishes with your concern. ~G

Try a "rolling walker". It has wheels and a hand brake but also a small basket and a seat that you could attach a larger basket on or actually sit on. I know our Costco sells them but you can find them online too. You might find a company with free shipping this time of year.

carol

Back
Top Bottom