Help with a goat herd name.

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by katrinag, Nov 24, 2009.

1. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

Ok guys I am having troubles with a name for our herd of goats.
    Here is some back ground in order to help you help me. The reason I got my goats is my 2 yr old son Kadon can not have cows milk. At the moment I have 2 Nubian does and 1 Saanen doe and 1 Saanen buck. (more to come but sticking with nubians and saanens lol) My name is Katrina. I have 3 kids. We live on a small farm with other animals. I am looking for something that has a ring to it. We love the outdoors, nature etc... We do not have a creek on the property, no pond.
    Post anything that you can come up with, if you need more info let me know. Go figure I have the goat babies to be names picked out already. Why is this so hard?
    Thank for your help.

2. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Maybe something with your local flora like Beechwood Acres, Oak Grove, White Blossom, Purple Meadows, or Cloverfield

3. BarbK

BarbK Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2007
    Indiana
    I picked my farm name and brand from music. I liked the song Lifesong by Casting Crowns so my farm name has that in it and my brand is a treble and bass clef forming a heart.

ETA: Here is a nifty site I ran across. http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/farmlife/msg1208043729712.html Everyone is telling their farm names and how they came to it. I like the Fallen Oak Ranch.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  4. Pests ?

5. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    Keep it simple. The Goaties.

6. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

I need more info. You can PM me if you want since I know you don't want too much personal stuff on here. What I do is use kids names, last name, Combo of the first letters of the kid's names. say all of your names start with "k" call it 5K acres or Special K Acres or something like that ...anyway give me some more info and I will come up with a few suggestions.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by