Help! with Assisted hatch inner membrane

chickengrapes

Chirping
Mar 20, 2020
This chick has had a tough time getting here. This is day 24. I've watched these veins for 8 hours now. She's peeping loudly now. Is it time to help with the inner membrane due to look of the veins. They have gotten smaller. She's not getting out of this on her own. That is coconut oil on her. I've had no blood yet.

Attachments

• PXL_20201227_222922381.jpg
    PXL_20201227_222922381.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
For additional help you can post in the hatching forum. People are really quick to help with any problems that arise.
I had a really rough time with hatching guineas(first time hatching ever) and had to assist a few. Humidity issues on my part. People there helped me a ton! Best of luck with your little one!

For additional help you can post in the hatching forum. People are really quick to help with any problems that arise.
I had a really rough time with hatching guineas(first time hatching ever) and had to assist a few. Humidity issues on my part. People there helped me a ton! Best of luck with your little one!
Thank you so much! I wasn't sure exactly which forum would be the best for this question. I'm going to give her a few more hours and re- evaluate.

Are you positive it's day 24?
If so this means your temp and it humidity are a problem/wrong.

Please do not set eggs again until you buy another thermometer and calibrate it AND a humidity gauge to salt test.

I am positive. This egg was under a broody. She is a first timer and having some trouble. She is in my living room with me. I put this baby in the incubator to try and save it.

I have a Brinsea octagon with hydrometer, etc. And I have calibrated both monitors. Isn't this considered a good incubator? I have had no trouble incubating multiple batches of both shipped and home eggs. I've also assisted before, but this one worried me because of all the development issues in play. No, she did not have the right humidity because her mom left her too many times. And during the critical last few days she didn't realize she wasn't sitting on it a few times. She is really trying to be a good mom though.

Last edited:
I am positive. This egg was under a broody. She is a first timer and having some trouble. She is in my living room with me. I put this baby in the incubator to try and save it.

I have a Brinsea octagon with hydrometer, etc. And I have calibrated both monitors. Isn't this considered a good incubator? I have had no trouble incubating multiple batches of both shipped and home eggs. I've also assisted before, but this one worried me because of all the development issues in play. No, she did not have the right humidity because her mom left her too many times. And during the critical last few days she didn't realize she wasn't sitting on it a few times. She is really trying to be a good mom though.
The temperature may be an issue. The best way to verify the temperature is to put a separate (calibrated) thermometer inside the incubator at egg-height. Put it at the side of the tray where the eggs go; not directly underneath the fan. That is where you will get the most accurate reading. Let me know if you have any questions!

The temperature may be an issue. The best way to verify the temperature is to put a separate (calibrated) thermometer inside the incubator at egg-height. Put it at the side of the tray where the eggs go; not directly underneath the fan. That is where you will get the most accurate reading. Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks! It's not an incubator issue. It's an egg that was under a broody hen.

Back
Top Bottom