Help with Baby chicks

Aide

Chirping
Aug 5, 2022
Hi. I went to buy some worms for my new chickens yesterday and cane home with a 3 month old silkie and 3 baby chicks. Idk how that happened. So they are supposed to be 2 weeks old and they told me at the store they only need the light on at night? Is that correct? Also they seem to be eating the pine shavings i put in the box. Is this normal behavior or should i remove it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    685.5 KB · Views: 5
if you want to turn the heat lamp on make sure you monitor there behavior, if they run from the light it’s too hot. If this happens raise the heat lamp a little. if they still run turn the heat lamp off completely. And then eating the shavings is fine it doesn’t do anything to them.

if you want to turn the heat lamp on make sure you monitor there behavior, if they run from the light it’s too hot. If this happens raise the heat lamp a little. if they still run turn the heat lamp off completely. And then eating the shavings is fine it doesn’t do anything to them.
Thank you! I put a thermometer in there and it got really hot. At 87 they were okay and got some sleep.

Back
Top Bottom