Help with baby chicks!

Faverollesarefun

In the Brooder
Feb 15, 2024
Hello, I had an order of chicks ship in this morning. I have three that aren’t doing well… what can I do for them?!? I had them under the heat lamp but they were just getting trampled by the other ones. I’ve had them on my lap in the sun but two are just laying there. Is there something I can do to help them?!? Thanks for everyones help

Put them back under the heat lamp, even if you put them in the shipping box with the top off.
Mix up some sugar water with a pinch of salt and try to get them to drink, if they perk up after, Mix an egg yolk with some molasses, honey or sugar, if you have b complex, crush it and mix it in.

Do you have Electrolytes and Nurtidrench? Put in water and dip beaks. If you have no baby chick boosters try sugar water and egg yolk. Offer mash food - chick starter with water. They do need a heat warm up so if you can separate to make sure they don't get trampled, they're going to need to be under the lamp. Make sure it's the right temperature (my opinion is *90 floor temp first day for shipped chicks, work down from there.) Check for pasty butt, ensure nothing is blocking vent. Basically they need water, food, heat and sleep to recover. Hoping they perk up soon!!

Back
Top Bottom