HELP WITH BABY DOE FAWN!!!

mygurlz

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 17, 2013
My daughters friends found this little one and watched her for 2 days and the mother never came back for her, so they got her and called me. ( that was 2 weeks ago) well she still only has 4 teeth so I got some replacement milk at my coop and started giving it to her, well the last week or so days she has had diarrhea and I have been giving her nothing but Pediatric and pepto every 2 hours... well she has not had and diarrhea at all the last 48 hours so today I started her back on the replacement milk ( 5 oz pediatric and 3 oz water with 2 oz milk,) 2 times today... well when she pooped the first time is was more normal and black like tar, but this last time she pooped it more runny again. ANY IDEAS on what I can do ? PLEASE help, I am keeping her hydrated but I know she wants her milk again. She isnt acting like she feels bad, she is running and playing but this is bothering me because I know its not good.

Hi! So you did the right thing to put her back on the pedia stuff. I would do the process again, mostly pedia and a little milk, the next feeding a little more milk and a little less pedia and on and on until it's all milk again. I should say that you should see if there is a local wild life center for her. You could call them and see what they say, but they would probably say to bring her in. Can I ask what kind of milk it is?

It's a replacement milk for goats, fawns, cats, dogs, pigs and all... I'm thinking of going and getting some goat milk and see if she will do better on it, no place to take her I've tried.

I also believe she has imprinted on me... She is up my tail so to speak ...lol she licks me all the time so I don't wear any lotion or thing like that now.

A milk replacement that works for every animal that I have ever had contains the following:
One can of condensed milk
Can of water
As much honey as you want
Karo syrup (light or dark works) (as much as you want)
and an egg
I used it for a piglet and a goat

I would def. try real goat's milk, it needs to be warm of course, but I think that'll help. That is so cool! I hope it works out and you can post pics! I'm raising a baby jay!

Well I have raised a coin, squirrel, opossum, flying squirrel, countless dogs and a goat, the deer is new to me but she wasn't doing so hot when we got her, and I got her back to playing and so forth and she was doing so good til about a week ago when this started... But like I said she don't act like anything is wrong she still plays and runs around

Oh my gosh, she's adorable! And she does look healthy! Yes a blue Jay, I have pics. He's a lot of fun, I'll release him when he's grown.

Back
Top Bottom