Help with bound eggs

ILikeSound

In the Brooder
May 17, 2015
One of my khakis has been laying slightly misshapen eggs. It seems she has bound up because of this. It feels like there may be two in there now, one seems to be causing a protrusion off to the side. She also constantly has gunk around her vent. My wife is going to pick up some vasoline and we are going to let her soak in a warm bath for a while. Is there anything else I can do? What may be causing the misshapen eggs?

Thanks,
Will

One of my khakis has been laying slightly misshapen eggs. It seems she has bound up because of this. It feels like there may be two in there now, one seems to be causing a protrusion off to the side. She also constantly has gunk around her vent. My wife is going to pick up some vasoline  and we are going to let her soak in a warm bath for a while. Is there anything else I can do? What may be causing the misshapen eggs?

Thanks,
Will
I usually fill a small pond with very warm water but not hot n put them into it n massage them underneath keep this up every day-I've been very lucky it's worked every time so far

Sometimes all they need is an hour or so floating in lukewarm water.

Another thing that can help is a boost of calcium ... maybe 100 to 200 mg. Calcium citrate tablets can be crushed and added to thawed peas, even Tums has calcium in it. You can add it to drinking water or treats.

We used a bit of vasoline and she spent over two hours in a warm tub with occasional massaging and we got no results. Hopefully the vet will be able to do something tomorrow.
We mix oyster shell with their food but I will ask the vet if more calcium would help.

Back
Top Bottom