Help with bread, gender and would she be a "splash" ?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by AuntGEMs4Sicin, Aug 6, 2014.

1. AuntGEMs4Sicin

AuntGEMs4Sicin Out Of The Brooder

This is Mini . ( Niki is there in the background) she/he was about 4 weeks old here . she/he came from the same grade-school hatching as our other three .
    [​IMG]
    Mini is quiet. gentle and elusive . but loves to just sit next to you and relax. he kinda "honks" like a goose . LOL but she is tender and gental when feeding from my hand . she will come running to the click of the camera faster than to the treat pan!
    [​IMG]
    this is her at about 5 weeks
    [​IMG]
    this is her at about 8.5 weeks old
    [​IMG]
    upper and lower photo (s) are of Mini at about 9 to 10 weeks
    [​IMG]
    below is Minie now ( between 11 and 12 weeks old
    [​IMG]

Also, can some one tell me what type of comb does she/he have? It's not changed much at all except to go from three "bumps" to four.
    [​IMG]

thanks for your help in advance . i really do appreciate all the input. with three apparent roos already in my flock of 4 , i have a lot of looking and learning to do to if Minie is a female to get her some companions that both are acceptable to Minie and the village I'm afraid. But i sure hope this one is a girl . ( fingers crossed and here goes...)

2. AuntGEMs4Sicin

[​IMG]
    i almost for got , these are her tail feathers. Thanks again for any help :)

3. Celizwalsh

Celizwalsh Chillin' With My Peeps

I am thinking easter egger (because of her green legs/feet) pullet. If she were a roo I think her comb would be alot more red and pronounced plus her tail feathers are very round. As far as her comb type and color I am unsure. Although I am pretty sure she is not a splash because she looks very different from my splash Ameraucana.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

You can see that my bird is more of a grey with flecks of blue/black through out where as your bird has more of a red/buff color with little to no flecks of color. Of course these are just my opinions/observations I am not an expert. Maybe someone else can come along and give some more expertise. Good Luck [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Easter egger pullet with a pea comb. That pea comb is genetically linked to the blue egg gene--something like 97%? Anyway, it bodes well for blue or green eggs in your future [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    1 person likes this.
  6. Stiggy

Stiggy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2014
    New Zealand
    You have a beautiful wee girl there

7. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Easter Egger pullet.

8. AuntGEMs4Sicin

YEAH! At least one is a girl! Thank you everyone !
    I am learning so much and it is awesome !
    While I have to re-home the boys Minie wont be the lonely female for long. We were offered and we picked up two new girls tonight and have them in quarantine now . they are Americana x White leghorn x Auburn Java and said to be second generation green egg layers . [​IMG] they are about the same age Minie is too ( with in days. ) This is all so exciting and new to use. We are just loving this :)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  9. kittydoc

kittydoc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2012
    Near Indianapolis
    Agree that Minie is a pullet. No idea what the technical name for that color is, but it's attractive! With EE's, you can get almost anything in terms of color.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by