Help with bread, gender and would she be a "splash" ?

AuntGEMs4Sicin

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 6, 2014
north- central Illinois
My Coop
My Coop
This is Mini . ( Niki is there in the background) she/he was about 4 weeks old here . she/he came from the same grade-school hatching as our other three .

Mini is quiet. gentle and elusive . but loves to just sit next to you and relax. he kinda "honks" like a goose . LOL but she is tender and gental when feeding from my hand . she will come running to the click of the camera faster than to the treat pan!

this is her at about 5 weeks

this is her at about 8.5 weeks old

upper and lower photo (s) are of Mini at about 9 to 10 weeks

below is Minie now ( between 11 and 12 weeks old

Also, can some one tell me what type of comb does she/he have? It's not changed much at all except to go from three "bumps" to four.

thanks for your help in advance . i really do appreciate all the input. with three apparent roos already in my flock of 4 , i have a lot of looking and learning to do to if Minie is a female to get her some companions that both are acceptable to Minie and the village I'm afraid. But i sure hope this one is a girl . ( fingers crossed and here goes...)

I am thinking easter egger (because of her green legs/feet) pullet. If she were a roo I think her comb would be alot more red and pronounced plus her tail feathers are very round. As far as her comb type and color I am unsure. Although I am pretty sure she is not a splash because she looks very different from my splash Ameraucana.

You can see that my bird is more of a grey with flecks of blue/black through out where as your bird has more of a red/buff color with little to no flecks of color. Of course these are just my opinions/observations I am not an expert. Maybe someone else can come along and give some more expertise. Good Luck
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Easter egger pullet with a pea comb. That pea comb is genetically linked to the blue egg gene--something like 97%? Anyway, it bodes well for blue or green eggs in your future
smile.png

YEAH! At least one is a girl! Thank you everyone !
I am learning so much and it is awesome !
While I have to re-home the boys Minie wont be the lonely female for long. We were offered and we picked up two new girls tonight and have them in quarantine now . they are Americana x White leghorn x Auburn Java and said to be second generation green egg layers .
celebrate.gif
they are about the same age Minie is too ( with in days. ) This is all so exciting and new to use. We are just loving this :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom