Help with breed -- Now with new pics!!!

mesmeric

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 12, 2012
I know my little ones are too young to know gender, but when we bought then from the feed store they didn't even know what kind they had. I was hoping they would be able to tell us that, but they just shrugged and said they were chickens.
lau.gif
I felt like saying I knew at least that much.

Anyone have any ideas? I would love to know what kind we had.

I can get more pics if needed.

EDIT: New pics. I'm sure the four are now barred rocks, but I have two that I still can't place. Also wondering if one of the mystery babies might be a rooster or if the breed just grows like that. I ask because they two look so different.

This is the close up of the face, not sure if that is how they naturally grow because the other one is not getting them in which is why I wondered about Roo status.

All of them together so you can see how different the other two look. I have a post at the bottom of the page as well that has some pics. I didn't know I could edit thread title to announce new pics at first.

Last edited:
I had thought maybe Barred Rock or Dominique myself. Just so hard to be patient and wait for them to grow a little more. Hehe I'm one of those I want to know right now types.

Hadn't thought of Blue Orpington but it will be exciting to look them up and speculate further. Thanks!

Got some more pics to see if anyone can see more. I think I might have 4 Barred Rocks and then 2 that I am not sure of because they are not feathering out like the other 4 are. Any ideas?

They also have dark legs and feet if that helps, it wasn't wanting so show them off.

I'm sure these are Barred Rocks, as I have 4 that look like this one.

Back
Top Bottom